Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any HD Viewers Out There?

SmootDawg21

This was my first HD NFL experience. I must say I was impressed with the overall presentation by ABC.

I was curious if we had any other HD viewers out there and what you thought about MNF in HD. Widescreen definately adds to the viewing experience.

I have a Samsung HLN467W DLP TV with a Hughes HTL-HD DirecTV/OTA receiver. What do you watch your 'Skins on?

I am looking forward to ESPN-HD's Thursday night game.

Skins on HD is almost as good as being there. I have a Hitachi S700 (with built in HD receiver), also have the Hughes HTL-HD as my HD DirecTV receiver.

Football is definitely the best showcase of HD. I was having terrible audio dropouts tonight. Did you have any?

This was my first HD NFL experience too. I bought a 50" High Def Hitachi TV in March and have eagerly been waiting for football to begin. I must say, it was DEFINTELY worth the expenditure. Do you know if the Sunday afternoon games will be broadcast in HD, or is it just the prime time games?

I also have the hughes HD and use it with the infocus X1 projector. It looked mighty fine. The clarity is stunning. The yard markers seemed a bit bright but otherwise it was amazing. The close ups were amazing.

I had an occasional dropout but nothing too annoying. I'm using a silver sensor. HD is quite an improvement over SD. Especially when it is enlarged to an 8 foot image width. :cool:

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

I had an occasional dropout but nothing too annoying. I'm using a silver sensor. HD is quite an improvement over SD. Especially when it is enlarged to an 8 foot image width. :cool:

That must look sweet! I haven't had any luck with the Silver Sensor, but my Ratshack 15-1880 works pretty well. I'm going to try moving the Silver Sensor up into the attic and see if it works any better.

Thank god for DirecTV Sunday Ticket and HD.

The NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTv will have up to 100 games in HD...which means that FOX and CBS will be broadcasting some of their Sunday afternoon games in HD. So it is not just the primetime games.

I did not have any audio dropouts on my local ABC affiliate. It was a great presentation. The high field shots (not from the blimp) were a bit soft, but overall it was a great picture. Close-ups were perfect. This is how football was meant to be seen on TV. Awesome...

Archived