Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marty and the Game Plan

Ignatius J.

Marty has himself admitted taht he had no game plan for the preseason game at kansas. He just wanted to evaluate talent and he did that. He attributed the poor play calling to the box he had to wear around his belt, claiming that it was too much of a distraction for him to pay any attention to the feild. This begs the question:

what on earth is Jimmy Raye there for?? Did we have an offensive Coordinator for that game? We weren't taking advantage of any of the cheifs weaknesses and i guess that's okay if you just want to look at talent, but at what point do you put in more people to block?

What do offensive coordinators do when they aren't trying to win the game?

-DB???

DB -

I think that is the point of preseason games. You don't game plan.

Say we had an effective offensive line (which we didn't) and an effecttive running back (which we may have). With an injured, inexperienced QB the best game plan would have been to run on every play.

But that wouldn't have answered the questions of whether the receivers can get open, the QB deliver the ball, the linemen block on screens (Mookie looked awful) etc.

So I think you run the plays you want to see and you forget about what the other team's strengths and weaknesses are.

i think there's a reason teams generally don't practice teams they're going to play..but when we do,i have no problem with not exhausting our gameplan on both sides of the ball..if it doesn't make any difference let's just scrimmage the giants & save gas..

of course,my point of view may fly in the face of how abrupt the team is reacting to husak's performance..i think his performance(one in a rather unfavorable situation),is more so the excuse..even though they talked the talk,i question whether marty&co ever had any intention on committing to his development..hail the skins

Originally posted by NavyDave:

OK they didn't game plan the offense or defense against the CHEFs will they against the Falcons?

I don't know. We still have a lot of bodies to look at and I don't think we've even installed our offense yet. We should see game planning next week.

Does anybody know how many plays Shott/Raye plan to script? Walsh claimed he did 20-25 while Shannahan claims 10-15.

------------------

Comming October 16, a new name!

Archived