Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Q&A with Lavar (redskins.com)

pr11fan

Q: It's only June, but the team is practicing hard. Is this the most prepared you've been for a regular season:

A: "Coaches are putting a whole bunch of different schemes, but I don't think it's any different than coaches in the past. I will say that the quality of the people that are around us, in terms of players and coaches--I think it's an upgrade. They're a solid bunch of guys and I'm real excited to work with them. I don't ever want to feel that I'm letting my coaches and teammates down. I believe in them."

not to read into this quote too much but anybody think this was cuz of the workout days he missed?

Q: You've played with Mike Barrow for six weeks now. What are your impressions of him?

A: "Mike is a real knowledgeable player and I think he's been one of the better linebackers in this league for quite a while. It's going to be an opportunity to play with another solid linebacker. I didn't realize how quick his first step was--it was a little quicker than mine the first few days in practice, so I had to make sure I got on my horse and picked up my speed. I don't want the old guy to be quicker than me."

Q: What's been the team's focus throughout the mini-camps and off-season practice session:

A: "We just want to get better. That's our focus right now. We have to get better. We are a 5-11 team. There's a lot of excitement swirling around and everybody's listening to all the hype, but we're still a 5-11 team coming out here and practicing. We're focusing on getting better. You have to remember where we've been so you can understand where we're going."

Those are probably the best 2 quotes on the Q&A.

Originally posted by Symbol

Those are probably the best 2 quotes on the Q&A.

I agree and found that very encouraging. Barrow's probably just a bit more powerful, but that's because Lavar has that huge upper body and those little chicken legs... :laugh:

Nick

Archived