Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Family Guy" update..........

TC4

Well, I got good news and bad news

The good news is that "Family Guy" will still be coming back onto Fox, the bad news, not until summer of 2005, not Jaunary like 1st reported. Instead, it's creator. Seth MacFarlane will be premering a whole news amimatied show on Fox in January, called "American Dad"

Here are all the details:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271%7C88317%7C1%7C,00.html

"Family Guy" Returns Next Summer to FOX

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - In its three seasons on FOX, the animated comedy "Family Guy" danced around the network's schedules like a ballerina on methamphetamines. The show occupied three different Tuesday time slots, three periods on Thursday, two half-hours on Wednesday and one niche on Sundays. Either the show was incapable of finding an audience because it kept switching times, or it kept switching times because it couldn't find an audience. Either way, except for a dedicated, but miniscule following, nobody was watching "Family Guy."

After a popular DVD release and a successful late night run on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" block, FOX thinks "Family Guy" is ready for primetime again. Seth MacFarlane's dysfunctional animated family will return to FOX's schedules in the summer of 2005 with all new episodes.

"When I first joined the network my first order of business was ordering more episodes of 'Family Guy,'" says FOX Entertainment President Gail Berman. "I believe this show was way ahead of its time. It's now a huge DVD hit and we believe that 'Family Guy' has a ready-made fan base eager for its return."

"Family Guy" will return next summer with all of its vocal talent intact. MacFarlane will return as the voices of lumpy everyman Peter Griffin, homicidal baby Stewie and family dog Brian. Alex Bornstein returns as long-suffering wife Lois Griffin and Mila Kunis and Seth Green will be back as children Meg and Chris Griffin.

FOX's return to Quahog, Rhode Island is only part of the network's MacFarlane renaissance. His new animated series, "American Dad," launches as part of FOX's January 2005 schedule, following "Arrested Development" on Sunday nights at 9:30.

"American Dad" will get a high profile preview following a special episode of "The Simpsons," which will take the coveted post-Super Bowl slot on Sunday, Feb. 6.

MacFarlane lends his vocal talents to the new series as well, voicing Stan Smith, a CIA agent constantly on the lookout for terrorist activities. The Smith family also includes Roger (also MacFarlane) a space alien from Area 51 and Klaus (Dee Bradley Baker), a German speaking goldfish.

Originally posted by skinsfanjoe

You can still catch reruns of the family guy on cartoon network. Check your local listings for times.

I weatch those already, but I have already seen them all

Originally posted by McMetal

Mila Kunis is NOT the original voice of Meg.

The original voice was much better.

Nitpicking aside, I'm psyched!

We need more crude, biting satire on the TV...

Your right about that

They seemed to bring Mila Kunis in during the 1st run of the show on Fox as the vioce of Meg because she was on "That 70's Show"

Originally posted by chiefhogskin48

What a great show. I never understood why it didn't survive on Fox, or at least wasn't picked up by USA, TBS, FX, etc.

It's unofrtunate that most people did not start liking it until it went off the air. After it's release on DVD, it become sort of a cult classic. I can't wait for the new episodes, but I am wary of that new show. Hopefully it doesn't take away from Family Guy like Futurama took away from the Simpsons.

Another great animated show that never got the acclaim it deserved was Jason Alexander's "Duckman." They need to release THAT on DVD.

I kept hearing for awhile that they were going to do a direct-to-DVD Family Guy movie, but I guess that has been shelved in favor of the new episodes. Too bad - the cursing, nudity, and off color humor would have been over the top.

Mila Kunis is NOT the original voice of Meg.

Lois had a change of voice as well....not that I care.

That show is fantastic, though. I also love Futurama, but the Family Guy is something I've really fallen in love with over the past 3 years....can't wait till the new episodes start.

I love Family Guy!!! Here are some good quotes:

Peter: Hey, What's His Name?

Al Gore: Dick Army

Peter: Phhhhh, ha ha ha ha. No Seriously What Is It?

Al Gore: Dick Army

Peter: Phhhhh, ha ha ha ha. Hey Dick, What's Your Wife's Name? Vagina Coastguard?

Peter: Hey, what are you doing here?

Superman: I killed a hooker. She made a crack about me being faster than a speeding bullet so I ripped her in half like a phonebook.

[Quagmire sees a cheerleader tied up in a bathroom stall]

Quagmire: Dear diary: Jackpot.

Quagmire (runs outside in a robe): Hey guys, what's going on? I was just jerki ... ed out of a deep sleep

Peter: If you could be stranded on a desert island with any woman in the world, who would it be?

Quagmire: Taylor Hanson.

Joe Swanson: Taylor Hanson is a guy.

Quagmire: [Laughs] You guys are yankin' me. "Hey, let's put one over on Quagmire."

Peter: No, he's actually a guy, Quagmire.

Quagmire: What? That's insane. That's impossible.

[Pause]

Quagmire: Oh god. Oh my god. I've got all these magazines. Oh god.

Auctioner: Our first item is a pair of panties confiscated from a prostitute.

Quagmire: Fifty bucks.

Auctioner: She had nine STDs.

Quagmire: Forty-five bucks.

Auctioner: And when we caught her she wet herself.

Quagmire: Fifty bucks.

Peter: Ok, here's another riddle. A woman has two children. A homicidal murderer tells her she can only keep one. Which one does she let him kill?

Brian: That's... that's not a riddle. That's ... that's just terrible.

Peter: Wrong, the ugly one!

Peter: Wait wait wait wait a second, you're tellin me that I came all the way to kentucky to get some of your fried chicken, and the colonal isn't even workin today?!?

[watching Cricket on British TV]

Peter: What the hell is he talking about?

Englishman: Oh, it's Cricket. Marvelous game, really. You see, the bowler hurls the ball toward the batter who tries to play away a fine leg. He endeavors to score by dashing between the creases, provided the wicket keeper hasn't whipped his bails off, of course.

Peter: Anybody get that?

Cleveland: The only British idiom I know is that "fag" means "cigarette."

Peter: Well, someone tell this "cigarette" to shut up.

Chris: What's a library, dad?

Peter: Oh, it's just a place where homeless people come to shave and go BM.

Lois: I guarantee you a man made that commercial.

Peter: Of course a man made it. It's a commercial Lois, not a delicious thanksgiving dinner.

Peter: Woah! Is that really the blood of Christ?

Priest: Yes.

Peter: Man, that guy must have been wasted 24 hours a day, huh?

[looking around at a posh rehab clinic]

Peter: This is the kind of place God would go to if He had to stop doing blow.

Peter: Make like Siamese twins and split ... and then one of you die.

Lois: Have you been drinking?

Peter: Why, yes, I have. Thank you.

Peter: The deep south? Isn't that the place where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy?

Meg: I just want to kill myself I'm gonna go upstairs and eat a whole bowl of peanuts.

(Lois and Peter stare in silence)

Meg: I'm alergic to peanuts.

(Peter and Lois keep staring)

Meg: You dont know anything about me. (runs upstairs)

Peter: Who was that guy?

Lois: Good, I don't have to cook.

Peter: Oh, no, go ahead and cook anyway, Lois, and we'll throw it out. I don't want you to get rusty.

Peter: [writing letter] Dear MacGuyver, Enclosed is a rubber band, a paper clip, and a drinking straw. Please save my dog.

Brian: Peter, did you read the fine print on this loan contract?

Peter: Um, if by "read" you mean imagined a naked lady, then, yes.

Archived