Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs on the Radio today...

He was on the radio just a little while ago, (980) talking about his charity Golf thing... and a little about the team.

Was a pretty interesting interview, especially since Joe Jacoby was on there first.

Told a story of Jacoby and some guys dragging Mark Moseley out into the mud while he was "primping" (getting his hair done and so forth)

Talked about how he's still a little worried about how they (the team) will look when they put on pads.

Also when asked if he saw the ESPN report last night, said he hadn't, and they told him what Lavar said, to which he responded "Cut him!"

Was just joking, saying he wasn't sure if he could with the cap restrictions.

And that he got all of the sacks.

Also talked a bit about what he sees in Portis, how he really thinks he's a great fit for the team and his system.

John Hall came on afterwards, and I think they're still doing some stuff.

Hall talked about how he's a football player, not just a kicker. And suggested the players would have a harder time dragging him out in the mud since he's a pretty big guy. Also mentioned he likes the new Special Teams coach, and that Gibbs is putting more emphasis on Special Teams.

After the interview when Pollin came on again, he was noticeably agitated (in a good way) about the experience of interviewing Gibbs. He said: "If you just got in your car, you missed the interview with Coach Joe Gibbs - and he was AWESOME!"

Great interview with the coach. He's the man.

BD

Thanks, I was starving for "first hand" words from the Skins organization on just where Portis really is on the offense. I guess that's about as in your face as you can get.

Portis is a "great fit" is goooooood answer Joe Gibbs - thanks! Oh and mark this down, "for the Team and his system" Team first!

The positive approach is amazing, its like night and day from last year.

Oh... one more thing I forgot to add.

He talked about Thrash being a guy Bubba Tyer said is a real Redskin, and that he disagrees with the idea that they can't have consistency.

He's going to look for 10-15 players to make lifelong Redskins as best he's able to do with Mr. Snyder's help.

Originally posted by WM_Marylander

Also when asked if he saw the ESPN report last night, said he hadn't, and they told him what Lavar said, to which he responded "Cut him!"

:laugh: Man you can really tell Gibbs is loving being back in DC. :cheers:

Originally posted by WM_Marylander

Was just joking, saying he wasn't sure if he could with the cap restrictions. And that he got all of the sacks.

Ok, whit did I miss..............What did Arrington say now????

Originally posted by Pete

Ok, whit did I miss..............What did Arrington say now????

On ESPN last night, Lavar and Portis were talking about Gibbs connecting to their generation, saying Portis gave him a Tupac CD, and that Portis could see him in a Escalade with 22's and the music blasting.

And Lavar said he knew he likes fast cars, but feels he's like the "Grandpa you always want to go visit"

I listened on the way home and all I can say is I was "giddy as a schoolgirl" afterwards. It was so cool to hear Joe and Jacoby talking and the Mosely story was extra "classic".

If 980 was smart they would put it on there site......I think I'll send Andy an email.....yeah, right now I will.

:pint:

The best part of the interview was when Pollin made a statement that in this NFL you can't keep a team together and the King told him that (paraphrasing): "I don't believe that is true, I have looked at this thing and I think you can keep a core group of 10 to 15 players in tact for a long time".

Gotta love the King!

Archived