Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Practice Question?

Mr. S

Hey, I always have praised the players we have on the offensive line and always will. I also know that Arrington and Washington can easily blitz the qb a lot. I have faith that Greg Williams and Gibbs know what to do on the d-line. However, I ask you this..

Since we still dont really have a true 'pass rushing DE', how can we really practice for teams with great rushers, like the Panthers? Other than Griffin, I wouldnt say we have strong lineman to tear up the o-line. In this case, Griffin could just be double teamed and the rest could be man-locked easily knowing the capability of our o-line. I just feel this is something that could make us lack in the regular season, no talented pass rusher helping us with practice. At least our line will have practice with strong linebackers though.

You can simulate a game breaking player by giving him an advantage. For example, allowing a normal DE to line up in the neutral zone to allow him a half step on the offensive line. Small things like that. They do it all the time in NFL practices.

Williams has had defenses that were successful without having a dominating pass rush. I think his many different sets confuse the opposition and that opens up many possibilities for a quick defense. With that said, I still think they pick up other free agents for the line. I think with Noble still a question, DT is the main concern. There will aslo be a few DEs worth looking at. Not sure what we can realistically afford though.

Archived