Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Depth Chart at TE and S

semiskin

Here's a current projection of the depth of the two positons we are supposed to draft at:

TE 00 RASBY Walter F01* |

00 KOZLOWSKI Brian U/Atl* |

88 Royal Robert 02/5 |

45 Sellers Michael F98 |

48 Ware Kevin F03

SS 26 Ohalete Ifeanyi R/NC^ |

34 Lott Andre 02/5

FS 41 Bowen Matt R/GB |

29 Franz Todd F02

http://www.ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=was

There are two things that really stick out to me:

1) The amount of depth at the TE/H-back position

2) The lack of dept at the Safety position, with Iffy still remaing a RFA.

I know people have been saying that it's looking more and more like we're going to draft K2, which I would be thrilled with, but with K2 saying tha Gibbs said he would take him(K2) if he was there when we picked, and then Gibbs refuting that statement, may be a smoke screen. Another thing that crossed my mind, was that two teams the Pats and the Texans have openly expressed their feelings about Taylor. All this K2 talk seems like a a device to detract these teams from trading up before the #5.

Any thoughts?

Whether we take Taylor or not, if we don't upgrade the safeties we will regret it. Ohalate with his lack of speed will be ineffective in Williams' defense. Bowen is playing out of position and we have absolutely no depth. I think a lot of people don't understand how important the safeties are in the scheme(s) the team will be using this year.

Originally posted by Trevor

Whether we take Taylor or not, if we don't upgrade the safeties we will regret it. Ohalate with his lack of speed will be ineffective in Williams' defense. Bowen is playing out of position and we have absolutely no depth. I think a lot of people don't understand how important the safeties are in the scheme(s) the team will be using this year.

Well said.

I think it is all subterfuge. Not only do we have to be concerned from teams below our slot but also from above. I don't like being subject to the whims of Al Davis & Denny Green. Oh well, a little over 3 hours to go.

Archived