Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Tommie Harris question?

Joey T

This is and has been my concern with Harris.

Thanks to bubba9497 from Espn Insider:

Tommie Harris

Oklahoma

Sliding Apr. 16 - Once considered a certain top-10 choice, Harris now appears to be in joepardy of dropping out of that elite group, says ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli. The Oklahoma defensive tackle is still a first-rounder, but some teams are worried about his lack of size. Others feel there could be some problems with his shoulders.

Others feel there could be some problems with his shoulders.

Here is the link bubba has provided:

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/...?sport=nfldraft

Thanks again 9497 :cool:

IMO, Harris is spoiled goods, then again, he could be the next combination of Bruce Smith and Dave Butz the world has never seen:laugh:

I really don't have a premium on ANY DT's this year, but think they will maintain a mid to lower round presence in the draft. Some of it's strategy and some by other team's necessiity. Like the Colts, Cowboys, Eagles and Giants still looking at LB's , Linemen, RB's and QB's. They can move up or down with packaging and appeal to players on defense with Colts, Cowboys, and Eagles or offense, Colts, Giants and Tampa Bay. These teams, maybe excludiing the Bucs can make a run at a DT and/or DE within the first 2-3 rounds, thus shaking things up.

Tennessee, Jax, and Chicago will have something to say as well as Detroit too.

I think Will Smith is the big sleeper on defense and Udeze will be as advertised, a monster.

Harris will be a missed opportunity we will regret passing on if we don't take him. I am not the least bit concerned about his size or his shoulder, I think its a bunch of baloney theams are throwing out there hoping that he falls. :2cents:

My biggest concern with harris is for all of his natural ability and skills, he does not do much in games. Sure he is double teamed on some plays, but I have also seen him handled in one on one situations.

He could turn out to be another Warren Sapp or La'Roi Glove, but based on his play the past 2 yrs, I just don't see it.

People said the same thing about Corey Simon coming out of college, and he's one of the better DT in the league.

Harris doesn't figure to command double teams every play the way mamoth DT like Ted Washington does. He's a gap penetrating, disruption type player.

I've seen him play, he's a stud and I wouldn't mind taking him if we traded down a few spots.

i'd take him at #5. i think he would be best as a DE, ala Reggie White. and i don't know what many of you are talking about. the guy gets double-teamed on occasion... how about every friggin play. if not triple-teamed. and even then they try to run away from him. exactly what Saban said he did in the bowl game.

and i can't remember when 6'3" and 290+ was small. that's like saying KW2 is too small to be a TE, because he is only 6'4" and 250.... or Vilma is too small to play LB because he is only 6' and 235.... go talk to Barry Sanders.

Archived