Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boston Globe: (MERGE)Pats to trade picks to Lions for 6th pick:

JMU1330

I'll bet that New England will sweeten that deal just a bit (maybe not requiring any lower picks from us) when we're on the clock and Joe Gibbs is telling Bellichick on the phone "Well Bill, if we don't execute this trade right now, I'm writing Mr. Taylor's name down on this little card in front of me and he's going to be wearing a Redskins cap very shortly".

Originally posted by BCS: BigContractSnyder

Why would they announce this deal now??

The effect is that ANYONE that wants Taylor knows they have to move up to the top 5 to get him.

Perhaps the Skins can benefit from this deal by trading down a few slots with a team that desires the young safety.

Make your move Charlie Caserole if you want Taylor

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

I am going to have to put out a contract on some of you guys, and you'll be sleeping with the fishes. :laugh:

The correct trade is to trade down to the #10 spot [sO WE CAN STILL GET A BLUE CHIP PLAYER LIKE SMITH, UDEZE OR HARRIS] and also get another quality player with a 2nd round pick we gain.

If you trade lower then the #10 spot, you may have more draft picks, but you won't wind up with an impact player this year. :(

Amen Amen, let Taylor go to someone else, he is not the answer for us.

Originally posted by Brown 43

I think we dropped the ball on this one?

Dropped the ball? Are you kidding me? This is perfect for us! All we need to do is act like we're taking Taylor. Then either NE or DET will need to deal with us to get what they want.

For example, if we pressure DET to swap #6 and their 2nd Round Pick, #36, for #5, then we take KWII at #6 and another good player at #36.

Knowing what these teams want and that they have a deal puts us in the perfect position to extract a little something from them.

;)

Originally posted by redskin56

I'll bet that New England will sweeten that deal just a bit (maybe not requiring any lower picks from us) when we're on the clock and Joe Gibbs is telling Bellichick on the phone "Well Bill, if we don't execute this trade right now, I'm writing Mr. Taylor's name down on this little card in front of me and he's going to be wearing a Redskins cap very shortly".

That's it right there. I wonder if we're seriously considering Taylor, as long as its not Winslow.

I am going to have to put out a contract on some of you guys, and you'll be sleeping with the fishes. :laugh:

The correct trade is to trade down to the #10 spot [sO WE CAN STILL GET A BLUE CHIP PLAYER LIKE SMITH, UDEZE OR HARRIS] and also get another quality player with a 2nd round pick we gain.

If you trade lower then the #10 spot, you may have more draft picks, but you won't wind up with an impact player this year. :(

This is correct thinking. Trade down, take Will Smith or Udeze and have a 2nd round pick too.

I love the fact that the Pats have come out the closet. Now we can continue to act like were taking Taylor (when we're not) and teams that want Taylor (like the Browns) will talk real nice to us about trading down.

HEY CLEAVLAND...WE WANT YOUR SECOND ROUND PICK TO DROP A COUPLE OF SPOTS!! :smile:

Your strategy is sound but why not just hold up Detroit for #36 by swapping first round picks with them so they can do their deal with NE? Then you have four more chances to get the player you want than you would at #10.

Archived