Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Champ Bailey's Quote" for Tennessee Carl..

Mr. Redskin

Q: What are your thoughts on the playoffs?

A: We are a playoff team. We have the talent to be in there, and we have the coaches to be in there. We just have to go out and beat Arizona, but that will take care of itself.

Tennessee, from my previously post below. You asked for quotes and not just "if's or ands". My post below was based on statements such as this one by Champ Bailey that came off the Washington post web site.

My question for Champ is ? What will take care of itself. Didn't you guys (Redskins) think that the Dallas game would take care of itself as well. (News flash..) it didn't happen now did it Champ.

My next question for Champ is ? Who's a playoff team? You can't be speaking of the Washington Redskins are you. I don't quite remember you guys getting to the playoffs last year and don't think you guys have a (get in free pass)this year. C'mon Man!!

IMO Tennessee, this statement itself says to me that Champ and maybe some of the other guys think just because they won five games that they are guranteed a playoff berth or something like that. Many teams can get on a hot streak at any given time. They also can go on a losing streak as well.

Until you guys prove that you are a playoff team by making it to the playoffs. Then you can start making statements like this. Until you guys can consistantly beat the so "called" lower teams that you think are lower than "thee", can you make statements like this. Until you guys can beat the Cowboys, even though you may think your a better team, can you make statements like this.

IMO, the Dallas Cowboys have proven they are the better team regardless of the records the last 9 games...Count EM...1..2..3..4..5.....9..darnit. How can you say year after year that your team is better than someone else's and you can't even find a way to beat them in 9 tries. Even when your season may depend on it (at Home)at that.

Until these guys start proven they are worthy of such praise...they need to just play football and keep their mouths shut. Especially the younger guys. I don't think guys like Darrell Green or Bruce Smith would make statements like this. They know they haven't won anything yet, and the house can cave in on you if you start talking playoff instead of taking it one game at a time.

Next stop Arizona...good luck..I just hope you don't go to Arizona thinking things will take care of itself and you just automatically win this game. You better strap up your boots because this will be a dog fight in Arizona. These guys have some momentum as well as hope going for themselves. Arizona slipped to 2nd place in the standings and now are starting to see some daylight. The Mighty Redskins are coming to town and they just got slapped by the lowly Cowboys who wasn't even on a hot streak. Ha..Ha..this is gonna be interesting..

Note: I may have went to far with this post. But, this is not a argument nor a debate. Just a twisted Redskin fan expressing his own opinion.

yesterday, Chris Samuels was talking about how he wanted to play Dallas again this weekend.

after awhile talk is cheap. We have heard Michael Westbrook in previous years talk about the fact he is going to break the team record for receiving yards and touchdowns and has he come anywhere close to doing that?

The Redskins should have needed no further motivation than the fact the Cowboys have beaten THIS group of Redskins twice last year and once already this year.

That and the comments by Emmitt Smith and other Cowboys about Dallas looking at Fedex as a home away from home.

If that isn't enough to get you fired up and come out and play hard from the opening kickoff, then there is something wrong with the team from a competitive standpoint.

I can accept that Kenard Lang and Delbert Cowsette don't have the size and strength to stay in there for 60 minutes against Larry Allen and Flozell Adams.

What I can't accept is that the secondary gets beat on a cheap touchdown when all Champ had to do was follow what they teach in high school football at corner, STAY WITH YOUR MAN and don't peer back into the backfield.

The other thing I can't accept readily is the excuses on the other side of the ball, where the Cowboys are starting a mess of rookies and second year players. If you can't even score a single field goal by halftime against a 2-8 team you should just hang your head in shame.

Based on that, do I believe Bailey when he says the Redskins are a playoff team and will go into Arizona and take care of business?

No, frankly, to use one of Marty's pet phrases.

With the Redskin in recent years I have adopted the Missouri slogan of "show me" because individual players have so often been filled with nothing more than blow that it is tough to accept any declarations made as being meaningful.

Stop talking about it, and just DO IT.

"...it'll take care of itself." ? Amazing.

I'm sure the players are down (or I'd sure like to think they might feel something as they drive off in their Cadillac Escalades). But at some point it really should dawn on them that maybe they're not as good as whatever press clippings they're looking at.

They aren't as bad as the press made them out to be at 0-5 either, but I don't see 5-6 teams talking about playoffs.

Now all we need is some talk from LaVar about how he's not gonna take it from those Cowboys anymore. He ought to be wearin' a poodle skirt.

that false sense of confidence has been with this team since Turner got here.

You used to hear players like Tre Johnson, James Washington, Michael Westbrook, Leslie Shepherd, Gus Frerotte talk about being a playoff contender or team with a lot of talent and ability all the time and they never won squat.

Some of these guys like Washington were so washed up they couldn't even last more than a year on the #28 ranked defense in the NFC.

What a joke.

Remember Leslie Shepherd threatening to kill a lifeguard at Wild World Park because the guy told Shepherd is child was in an unsafe area of the waterpark for her age?

What a bunch of losers.

Most of the quotes I constantly read are from the younger players on the team that haven't won anything yet. Their mostly all running off adrenaline alone and think a few wins and some National attention is all it takes to make it in this business.

Remember when Shaq went to the lakers and thought just because of his name alone and the Media attention he was getting was going to get them to the NBA Finals. It never happen and a old head like Magic Johnson had to give him a wake up call. Magic stated "you see those banners hanging up there, well their mine." When you get yours then you can talk and strut your stuff like you have won something. Until then, just go out and play some Basketball.

Shortly after that statement by Magic, Shaquille really started working on his all around game and started to focus more rather than riding on the old Lakers legacy. He than became a little more polished and started taking losing in the playoffs every year personally. Eventhough it took Phil Jackson to finally get them over the hump, Shaquille became the force he is now by working hard and knowing he had won nothing after Magic gave him a rude awakening.

That's what some of the younger guys on the Redskins squad need. Some of the Redskins legends other than Darrell Green

that have won something to let them know that they have not yet arrived just because you win a few games. Maybe Darrell can, but since he's playing along side with them they don't really take him too seriously or something.

These younger players are very ****y in the NFL today eventhough they haven't won squat. They think just because they have multi-million dollar contracts and win a few games on some occassions they have arrived. Man!..God help us...

This SEASON will take care of itself. Champ meant, they will start all over NOW. Yes he kind put that out there, but it is obvious, they know that they can't dwell on Dallas, or Dallas will have won the remaining games also.

Yes, Champ, you walked into that one, though smile.gif as Dallas took care of you.

Archived