Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL total access- Pat Kirwan on the Lavar contracet dispute

Lavarleap56

Originally posted by SonnyJ

turd,

What salary cap mess were they in two years ago? If that was cap hell, then it's vastly overrated.

Portis' signing bonus was $11.5M. Check your facts.

As you said, you're just guessing about it. You don't have any facts to substantiate your claim that the team will have a cap mess in 2006 - it's just conjecture on your part. Just as it's conjecture on the part of others here to say that everything is fine.

Yet your analysis flies in the face of a couple of things. One, you have this piece from Kirwan. I'm not saying he is the end-all and be-all authority, but he apparently does have access to the contracts AND he used to do it for a living. Apparently, he believes that what the Redskins are doing is sustainable and provides solid reasoning as to why that is so. I take him as having more authority than you. Also, Gibbs has gone on record as saying that he believes that the numbers DO, in fact, crunch. I realize that you're probably smarter about this than Gibbs, but I gotta believe that Gibbs is the kind of guy to want to know this information, IN DETAIL, before going ahead with it.

Of course, you're thinking "Of course Gibbs is going to say that for public consumption, but he's a short-timer and will be gone by 2006." That's possible, I suppose, but you have no way of knowing that, or proving it. I know that Gibbs has said that he intends to coach the duration of his contract. I would take him as a higher authority on that matter than you.

As SB33 said, this is just BS guessing on your part. You haven't provided any real analysis of EXACTLY how these signings will cripple the Redskins. Naturally, if a bunch need to be released at once, that could be a problem. What makes you believe that to be the case? Again, post facts, not guesses and allusions to an old Dallas Cowboys team.

Well no Shiayt shurlock! It is conjucture. It could happen if you pay players past their playing years duh! If you dismiss it as a possibility your a fool. Jerry Jones has learned by paying 24 million in dead money. I guess spending 100 million for a team that is a loser is ok by Washington standards huh? You pay big buck for big names. Question bright boy who did the Patriots pick up last year? And where did they go? If all you needed was say a go to WR or A big DE somthing like that then fine. But

Well if he was here for the long haul I do believe he would improve his team more through the draft. And I never said this would cripple the team... It could just like any other team that gives out huge bonuses. Danny boy has tried to by a Championship before and yet again if this fails again what next?HA ha But hey your happy and it's Danny boys money so who cares ..........Throwing big money at a problem does not always fix said problem......

turd,

OK. Now we know what you're about. Just a troll, right? A Cowboys fan? Jets?

You were oh so close with some real analysis in your second post. But, that was stuff everyone on this board already knew. That was easy. If you could have just projected that in a rational manner to some out years, you could have really given some support to your half-assed conjecture.

I knew you couldn't, though. Your last post pretty much concedes that you have no idea what you're talking about. So, why don't you just crawl back into your hole until you have something intelligent to add to the conversation.

Earth to trolls - we are aware that there COULD be repercussions from these signings. We realize that the team will part ways with players and take some dead money. The question is whether that dead money can be managed. I have no idea, but I do know that it would take a simultaneous release of multiple players to really have an effect. Could happen, I suppose. I do know that it is the full-time job of people a lot smarter than us regarding these matters. They may just know what they're doing. I'm sure, Turd, that you are smarter about it than them, though.

Originally posted by SonnyJ

turd,

OK. Now we know what you're about. Just a troll, right? A Cowboys fan? Jets?

You were oh so close with some real analysis in your second post. But, that was stuff everyone on this board already knew. That was easy. If you could have just projected that in a rational manner to some out years, you could have really given some support to your half-assed conjecture.

I knew you couldn't, though. Your last post pretty much concedes that you have no idea what you're talking about. So, why don't you just crawl back into your hole until you have something intelligent to add to the conversation.

Earth to trolls - we are aware that there COULD be repercussions from these signings. We realize that the team will part ways with players and take some dead money. The question is whether that dead money can be managed. I have no idea, but I do know that it would take a simultaneous release of multiple players to really have an effect. Could happen, I suppose. I do know that it is the full-time job of people a lot smarter than us regarding these matters. They may just know what they're doing. I'm sure, Turd, that you are smarter about it than them, though.

Earth to trolls - we are aware that there COULD be repercussions from these signings.

See that wasn't hard was it! Yeah my half arse conjecture your too funny. It is funny you say everything I say is bogus then you say it is possible then you say you have no idea what may happen! Dead money is what you want to avoid by signing players to reasonable contracts not passed their playing days! Duh. Your happy thats all that matters. Hey every agent hopes Danny Boy is on the line after their client.... Payday!!!

Originally posted by turdfurguson

Earth to trolls - we are aware that there COULD be repercussions from these signings.

See that wasn't hard was it! Yeah my half arse conjecture your too funny. It is funny you say everything I say is bogus then you say it is possible then you say you have no idea what may happen! Dead money is what you want to avoid by signing players to reasonable contracts not passed their playing days! Duh. Your happy thats all that matters. Hey every agent hopes Danny Boy is on the line after their client.... Payday!!!

Sure, TURD, whatever you say...:rolleyes:

Archived