Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those of you who support "private" charity...

Ancalagon the Black

Originally posted by redman

Your thinly-veiled contempt for the wealthy and successful is obviously clouding your interpretation of people's motivation. Must all wealthy people feel guilty in order to donate, or is there perhaps a selflessness involved in charitable work that is a refreshing change from the rat race that forces everyone to "look out for #1"?

Spare me the tin hat theory you have about my "thinly veiled" anything. I never claimed they "must" feel guilty, I said many do. In fact when approaching donors we know that many NEED to give and we provide them with the soul stroking to encourage such action. I guess you have to be in the field and speak with people before you start to notice.

Somone mentioned that business success' give more then sport and style success. I gave a possible explation from my experience as to why that could be. You on the other hand reply with empty rhetoric. Spare me.

Originally posted by Destino

Spare me the tin hat theory you have about my "thinly veiled" anything. I never claimed they "must" feel guilty, I said many do. In fact when approaching donors we know that many NEED to give and we provide them with the soul stroking to encourage such action. I guess you have to be in the field and speak with people before you start to notice.

Somone mentioned that business success' give more then sport and style success. I gave a possible explation from my experience as to why that could be. You on the other hand reply with empty rhetoric. Spare me.

You've now changed your tune. Get your story straight before whining about unfair criticism.
Originally posted by Destino

Ironically the people that earn their way into the mega rich life caused a lot more damage and destroyed a hell of a lot more lives on their way up. Perhaps there is a reason they are so generous?

Being a success in business means you have to be cut throat. Perhaps giving is a way to balance the needed evils of their everyday life?

Originally posted by redman

You've now changed your tune. Get your story straight before whining about unfair criticism.

My "tune" has remained the same, I did however have to clarify for those that seek to read too much into my words prefering to jump to conclusions rather then ask.

Archived