Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My kind of woman

redman

In all seriousness, this is why I like legal private gun ownership. If there were more incidents like this that were reported by the media you wouldn't have so many assaults against people. Only the people who are (perceived by attackers to be) unarmed tend get targeted.

Intruder Shot but Furniture OK in Calif.

57 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. - A 53-year-old woman who fired nine shots with two handguns to ward off an intruder said she tried to avoid hitting her furniture.

"Priorities, right?" said Carolyn Lisle of Rancho Cordova. "It was one of those nights. I have a few holes in my glass out front."

The Sacramento County sheriff's department said William Kriske, a 47-year-old parolee, was treated for a gunshot wound to the arm, then jailed on suspicion of burglary and resisting arrest after he crashed through Lisle's sliding glass door Thursday evening.

Lisle's three guests fled the home, but she took action, opening fire with a .357 caliber revolver.

"He was like a mosquito hitting the window. Every time he turned around, poweee," she told the Sacramento Bee.

She emptied her first handgun as the intruder crashed through another window to escape, then retrieved a second revolver as he broke into her garage.

"I like to be prepared," she said.

She opened fire again as the intruder fled the garage and approached the house, wounding him.

Sacramento County Sheriff's Sgt. Lou Fatur said Lisle, a retired state worker who once worked as a correctional officer, won't be charged for defending herself with properly registered firearms.

The intruder tried to steal a motorcycle from a home across the street, but was chased off by neighbors who also had armed themselves to come to Lisle's aid.

As the burglar fled, one of the men yelled, "And that's just our womenfolk," Lisle said.

A California Highway Patrol officer stopped Kriske nearby, and he was arrested by sheriff's deputies.

"I don't think he'll be back," Lisle said.

And then there is:

Gunshot is fatal to Marion deputy

The Associated Press

Posted February 8, 2004

A Marion County deputy sheriff was shot and killed Saturday while making a routine check on an elderly man who lived alone.

Brian Robert Litz, 36, a decorated nine-year veteran of the department, was killed about 12:30 p.m. in the Pine Run retirement community, sheriff's spokeswoman Sue Livoti said.

Ivan Gotham, 74, whom Litz was checking on, also was shot and killed, Livoti said. Deputies had been sent to the home to check on Gotham at the request of his son, who lives out of state.

Other deputies in at least one other car had arrived with Litz. But officials would not say whether another deputy fired shots.

The Sheriff's Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are investigating.

Litz had worked with the department's K-9 unit since 2001 and was certified in 2002 in the detection of explosives. He had received numerous letters of commendation and had been awarded three Eagle Eye medals and a Medal of Commendation.

"He was a very dedicated and passionate deputy who was always willing to go the extra mile," Livoti said. "Anytime he came in contact with anybody . . . he showed that he cared."

Litz is survived by his wife, Cherie, and their 4-year-old son, Brian.

Archived