Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A bit too amped up ?????

Pete

Watching this place in the last few days with this tough man thing Howie Long has is pretty wild. Now with the end as it has turned out, folks are ready to send package bombs to FOX for the fix it looks like they pulled.

What did you expect?? We are the Redskins, and the deck will always be stacked against us. I just don't see why it's such a big deal. I love to see our players get the recognition due to them, but this title means dick. Were not talkin the Pro Bowl or the hall of fame here, were talkin a title that when their careers are over, not many if any will remember.

Pats day will come, I have no doubt about that. He turned more then a few heads this season with his grit, and skill as a young QB. If Pat was named tough man of the year, good for him. I don't need that to know he's one tough SOB, that has bucket loads of class compared to Lewis, and no off field issues.

Their names shouldn't even be in the same sentance IMO. I have as much team spirit as any here, but people gettin their draws all bunged up over this is silly.

:cheers:

Pete....I don't think it's a case of Pat winning the tough man competition...Which I agree with you,isn't that big of a deal...!

I think there's principle involved.....If it's not Monk getting shafted by the hall of fame voters,it's this...

From the Redskins name being affending to people by it's name...To maybe having to pick...choose...and represent a different name...when there are many other names that can be considered "a racial slur"!

I think most of us,including myself who are diehard Redskin fans;are "sick and tired" of getting second fiddle to every subject involving a redskins criteria...!

It's almost as if teams,fans,coaches,media,announcers,critics or whatever go out of their way to damage the name Washington Redskins for their own personal pleasure....

Whether it not let a HOF player like art monk not into the hall of fame...or not so popular player as Patrick Ramsey beat out a public Relations wet dream in Ray lewis in a tough man contest!!

I know winning cures all wounds....But they (everyone not a skins fan) acts like we have no history or anything to be proud of....

When the fact of the matter is....Were the best franchise in the NFL......

The bottom line is that our intentions as a group was to be able to give Patrick something in return for the effort and passion he displayed on the field this past season. Helping him win that truck would have been one of the coolest ways ever to say thanks to the guy for being such a great representative of the Redskins organization. To have that stripped away from us is a bunch of bull$h!t.

Originally posted by Rejuvenated Canadian Hog

The bottom line is that our intentions as a group was to be able to give Patrick something in return for the effort and passion he displayed on the field this past season. Helping him win that truck would have been one of the coolest ways ever to say thanks to the guy for being such a great representative of the Redskins organization. To have that stripped away from us is a bunch of bull$h!t.

Happy Birthday Bub.

Fox seems to miss the point here. Since they are attempting to entertain US...alienating those that you would profit from is just stupid in a marketing sense.

Think how much more we would want to participate if WE REALLY HAD a method for affecting the outcome of stuff like this. Now however, I won't be paying anyomre attention to this kind of crap.

In fact, I am tired of all the friggin hype surrounding sports in general.

sheesh.

Maybe there just is some anti-redskins bias out there and we must live in the backlash of it all.....

Originally posted by michael_33

Pete....I don't think it's a case of Pat winning the tough man competition...Which I agree with you,isn't that big of a deal...!

I think there's principle involved.....If it's not Monk getting shafted by the hall of fame voters,it's this...

From the Redskins name being affending to people by it's name...To maybe having to pick...choose...and represent a different name...when there are many other names that can be considered "a racial slur"!

I think most of us,including myself who are diehard Redskin fans;are "sick and tired" of getting second fiddle to every subject involving a redskins criteria...!

It's almost as if teams,fans,coaches,media,announcers,critics or whatever go out of their way to damage the name Washington Redskins for their own personal pleasure....

Whether it not let a HOF player like art monk not into the hall of fame...or not so popular player as Patrick Ramsey beat out a public Relations wet dream in Ray lewis in a tough man contest!!

I know winning cures all wounds....But they (everyone not a skins fan) acts like we have no history or anything to be proud of....

When the fact of the matter is....Were the best franchise in the NFL......

[

I feel you pain bro, but it's been like this for many years now. I use to get just as crazy over it. I learned not to let stuff I can't do thing 1 about bother me. Art Monk is another story all together. Everytime a fan get pizzed over this stuff, the media has won. Don't let them win............. sending e-mails to FOX ****in or looking for some sort of explaination makes the fans look like sore losers.

Do you think it came down to a Skins and Ravens player by chance? They know how the two fan bases feel about the other. If it came down to a Cards player and a Skins player, there wouldn't be the draw, so they have to look at the group they have and look to see which pair could have the bigger impact in fan support. If Lewis lost, I'm sure he'd have some sort of BS comment about showin Pat just how tough he is if they meet on the field, which is what the media eats up, so Im thrown off by the direction of the fix in this one.

Originally posted by Rejuvenated Canadian Hog

I understand what your saying, and it's a fine jesture. I'm pretty sure Pat knows how we all think of him. If we want to really show our support, not booing when he has a bad game, or bugging out of the stadium early is the best way to show that we've got his back through thick and thin. I'm in no way suggesting you personally do that. Sometimes a trophy awarded isn't cherished nearly as much as one that is earned.

Ray Lewis was the only person to be found guilty (via a plea bargin) in the stabbing death at that night club in Atlanta.

He also has faced charges in Baltimore County for aggrevated assult. Twice.

For Fox to glamorize this character is "thug" mentality. Find the lowest common denominator.

I just thought that Howie had more class than that.

I'm guessin, because I haven't been on a computer today until now, that the poll was seen and around the deadline to vote, Ray Lewis's percentage jumped to be higher than Patrick Ramsey's. What if Fox Sports did this to make people think this happened, but Patrick is the winner. The award is to be given tomorrow during the Super Bowl, and that's when it will be official if Lewis wins or Ramsey wins. Either way it doesn't mean anything to the Redskins itself, we have Joe Gibbs back. I'd rather see Ramsey win a Super Bowl MVP than when the Howie Long Tough Guy title.

Originally posted by SonnyRules

Ray Lewis was the only person to be found guilty (via a plea bargin) in the stabbing death at that night club in Atlanta.

He also has faced charges in Baltimore County for aggrevated assult. Twice.

For Fox to glamorize this character is "thug" mentality. Find the lowest common denominator.

I just thought that Howie had more class than that.

In general, giving Ray Lewis an award isn't showing lack of charactor, what would be bad would to be to eliminate him from contention because you don't like him.

Archived