Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget about drafting TE Kellon Winslow -- here is our TE

Forget about drafting Kellon Winslow in the 1st round, o.k.? :laugh:

We draft DE Kenechi Udeze 1st; FS Stuart Schweigert or another DL 2nd; and TE Ben Watson below 3rd.

Watson is a Joe Gibbs type tight end. Intelligent (finance major) and he has a 565 lb. bench press. If this guy isn't a Don Warren clone, I don't know who is. And he is a better receiver then Don Warren was too. :)

Now you "draft Sean Taylor and Kellon Winslow guys" -- get off my back. :laugh:

TE - Ben Watson - 565 lb bench press

Another good Tight End is Ben Hartsock of Ohio State!

I saw this guy play in one of them all-star games and he looks alot like what Gibbs would want.

He was All-Big Ten this year and has been a 4 time All-Big 10 Accedemic team.

Joe likes his players smart and this guy might be one of the smartest out there.

6-4 265 and ran good routes and blocked well in the game.

Hartsock!! Hell yeah. I'm a Buckeye fan, so i see him play all the time. He's a REAL player unlike that so called "Soldier" form the U

I never wanted Winslow... u can look at all the archives and see how much i've been bashing him. I just don't think rookie DL's are the answer sorry...

I concur with my fellow Michigan fan, Hartsock is a good player. I've seen him play a number of times and when OSU needed to be bailed out, he came up with a catch(AND RUN) that helped get them a first or even a TD.

Not that I'd complain about getting Watson either.

I just think people will be surprised that the can't miss Hall of Famers from Miami won't be the best players at their position in this draft class.

Originally posted by johndevivi

we need a beast at Tight end

Actually, we don't need a beast at TE. We need a really smart guy with good blocking and solid receiving skills. Smarts are the most important quality in a Gibbs TE.

The only measurable that counts for a Gibbs TE is the Wonderlic intelligence score.

We're looking for a lunch pail smart guy like Jon Jansen. Not a "beast." :)

Archived