Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Atlanta first preseason game?

BigMike_ATL

I live in Atlanta and it appears that the Redskins will play Atlanta in the pre-season, since I can't get to DC on a regular basis I'm hoping this is their first game so I can see Gibbs on the field for his first game..

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/0104/12notes.html

Looking ahead

Next summer's preseason schedule is far from complete, but the Falcons have learned they're virtually certain to see former minority owner Joe Gibbs in August. Gibbs, who took the Redskins job last week, is taking Falcons offensive line coach Rennie Simmons with him. The Redskins will come to Atlanta in the preseason

Originally posted by Bufford Redux

I'm sure you'll have a number of fans. I'm interested to see what Mora Jr. can do with them. I think deep down (when its not connected to the Skins in any way), I like to see ATL and Vick do well.

I second that Bufford. There is something about Vick and co. that really makes me want to root for them.

I agree as well. ATL is a fun team to watch on offense. Their defense is something left to be desired though.

Vick is just fun to watch as a player. I love how he throws the ball and the zip on it when it looks like he just flings it. I worry about him though in the way he plays. Hope he takes better care of himself on the field. Everytime he takes off running you gasp and hope he doesnt get killed.

Originally posted by ktball74

It will be a good sign if the Skins go 0-4/5 in the pre-season. Those were Super Bowl years for the Gibbs teams!! Just an offseason thought.

Good point, I've noticed the same thing. Either way, it'd be awesome if the 'Skins came to ATL, I'd love to see them in action w/Gibbs and Co., even if it is preseason.

Hey, if anyone else in here is from the ATL area let me know if you plan of going to the game, maybe we can meet up and hang out @ the game or a bar, and watch it on T.V., if we can't get tickets.

Archived