Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One more time: Jason Peters, TE from Arkansas

goldenster95

We've got to look at this guy. I don't know where he's projected to go, but the guy is huge, can block, and can actually do something in the passing game. Can you imagine this guy catching a hot read from Ramsey and running over a smallish linebacker or DB?

http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/11/25/3fc44c6e72ae0

In the Huddle

By Chris Gibson, Contributing Writer

November 25, 2003

Arkansas tight end Jason Peters packs a punch.

Not because he's the single biggest threat for the Razorbacks figuratively, but because he might be literally.

Peters is a 6-foot-5, 320-pound tight end. He is third on Arkansas with 19 catches on the season for 201 yards and four touchdowns.

Linebacker Lionel Turner said it will be tough to take a guy Peters' size down.

"He's a pretty big fellow," Turner said. "[He's] kind of physical with the run blocking. It's going to be a task for us.

"[i never] played against someone that big that played his position. He's just like an extra offensive tackle that can run down the field and catch passes."

Peters is a converted defensive end and tackle. The irony of this is LSU defensive end Marcus Spears is a converted tight end.

"Oh yeah, Number 80," Spears said. "Last year he was about 300 [pounds].

"He's very mobile, and he's probably the toughest blocking tight end I've faced this season. It's just like going up against an offensive lineman to me."

If he is still there by the third round, I say pick him up. I think I do remember that Gibbs wants to go pick a player based on need than take the best athlete available. Considering the Skins having the fifth pick, if we don't get a top 5 quality player, we should definitely trade down. By taking the best athlete available with the fifth pick, it should be Sean Taylor. Our second round pick, I think 37th overall, should be a RB. If Peters is still there by the 3rd round, he should be looked at closely.

Archived