Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From the Youngest to the Oldest

EvoSkins

With the complete turnover of the coaching staff, the Skins have gone from the least experienced staff to probably the most experienced staff in the NFL. But, does it make a difference? Some of the coaches we hired have been out of football for awhile, so will that matter?

Gibbs, Bugel, Williams, Breaux, Burns, Simmons and Zampese all have between 10-15 years of NFL coaching experience where I think most of Spurrier's staff had less than 5 years of NFL experience.

Knowing how this league works does make a difference and the only way to find this out is to get experience. Spurrier's staff lacked that experience and got their a$$es handed to them. On the other foot, Gibbs' staff will probably have the most combined experience in the NFL but, does the lack of present-day experience for a couple of coaches matter?

I believe there will be an adjustment period but, Gibbs' general offensive system is still being used in the NFL. Gibbs is a master of adjusting his gameplan so I believe in the long run, the Skins will be fine.

Archived