Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would this solve all the problems for the college BCS Football FANS and Coaches?

michael_33

I don't watch a whole lot of college football as much as college basketball....However,with the season over and the draft hype coming and so on,I have been lately....

I also see why so many coaches and fans are very upset with the way they rank teams in all the Polls that are available and such...

So why would it not be a good idea to have College football simular to college basketball in some way with a twist of NFL playoffs combined?

Here's my idea...

There are currently 12 Div-1 College football Conferences in the country...Right?

Those being the ACC,BIG 12,BIG EAST,BIG TEN,CUSA,1-A Independant,MAC,MWC,PAC-10,SEC,S.BELT and the WAC...Right?

There are 15 Div-1AA College Conferences in the Country...Right?

Those being the A-10,Big Sky,Big South,Gateway,1AA-Independant,IVY,MAAC,MEAC,NEC,OVC,Patriot,Pioneer,Southern, Southland and the SWAC....Right?

That totals to 27 Conferences of College Football....

Now inCollege Basketball we have what is called the "The big Dance"...."The NCAA Tournament"...."The Road to the Final Four"

All meaning the same thing....!

Why Cant they Take those 27 Conferences and put them in a

College Football Tournament?

Well how do you do that?

You take the winner of each Conference and "SEED" them in the Tourament....(This to be determined the Actual Nation Champion)

Well what if you have a situation like Kansas ST Knocking off a much better team and record like Oklahoma?Too BAD!

This makes the Championship game that important...Of Course it would have to be the 2 best teams in the Conference to face head-to-head...

OR...Since Oklahoma was undefeated,you could say they don't need to play a Conference Tournament game cause they won the division outright!!

Well how do you fit an ODD # of teams in a Tournament?(27)....Just doesn't fit?

Well the best team in the nation by record,Strength of Schedule and all those important factors play in!

That Team (will say Oklahoma by Example) Draws the Bye....Doesn't play in the first round of the Tourny....

Like the NFL....If we were to have a 7 team playoff per conference!(like New England would draw the bye and homefield throughout) and Miami would have made the playoffs with a 10-6 record!7th seed...ANYWAYS.............

Teams would be seeded by Records and conferences and so on...

Like western Illinois was really good right?or 1 of those non-popular schools...this year...?

They still would probably not get a high seed cause of who they play and what conference their in...Unless they somehow were ranked in the Coaches polls or whatever...

After the Bye, Oklahoma come in and plays the worst seed!

(Now they could bracket these like they do in Coll.Basketball with the Midwest,West,south and East if they wanted I guess!)

But this way it gives even your lowly popular teams a chance to show their school what their made of.....

Now I know that if Oklahoma is playing Mississippi Valley tech in the second round it will probably be a slaughter...But thats the whole point...

You should have to earn your Championship....Not split one...So stupid!!

And eventually like in college Basketball you cound end up with an LSU and Miami Championship Game or something crazy like that....

Or if your into Miracles....

Notre Dame Vs USC...or something

The seeds would look this....

Oklahoma #1 seed (draws Bye) (Midwest)

LSU #2 seed (south) VS #27 seed Utah St. (south)

Or something like that....

I know 4 does not go into 26 teams,so there might need to be some adjustments...(4 being East,west,midwest and so on)

But you see what I'm getting at....Don't you?

And I don't think it's that many more games considering NFL plays 16 not counting the 4 preseason games...

Hell ...I think just screwed up big time...The #'s don't match....

Even with the OK Bye its all screwed up!!!Nevermind!!!

Forget this thread...

I just like NCAA basketball so much that I would like to implement that to College football cause I hate the way the have it....

There's just nothing like the "Big Dance" I guess!!

Sorry for wasting your time.....

The biggest reason there will be no college football tourney is MONEY. The bowl games give out too much money. College football schools are greedy and sponsers are happy to give the money out. By having the BCS bowl games having agreements with the big conferences and Notre Dame, if there was a tourney, it would mess the whole bowl system up.

Does the champion of college basketball get a 8 figure payout? I don't think so. There will never be a college football tourney because too much money is tied up in bowl games. With no tourney, there will be no clear-cut champion.

Archived