Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Cost to Franchise Champ

StevieInferior

the hope of course is that Bailey and the Redskins will work out a longer term deal that will bring the Year 1 hit down to about $1.5 million :)

maybe that is a pipe dream and we are renting Bailey for just one more season, but with the right choice of head coach, I think the situation is still salvageable :D

Originally posted by StevieInferior

According to this it will cost us $5,962,000. Should still give us $7-$8mill to work with without further roster moves.

Get Champ signed soon and we are set this year in terms of money!

http://www.nflpa.org/media/includeu/hottopics/franchise_and_transition_include.asp

I don't think these #s are accurate, according to this, Sean Gilbert is the 2nd highest paid DT, Jr. Seau stills plays for the chargers and is the highest paid LB, and Emmitt Smith is the highest paid rb.

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

These figures are old or something.

They show Jon Hall still with the Jets, Jamir Miller retired in 2003, Sean Gilbert was brought back for near the minumum by the Raiders, but they show him making $6.9 Mil., etc. :laugh:

Not only that, but they have Jake Plummer listed as will being with the Cardinals and Emmitt Smith still with the Cowboys

On a side note, my dad is gonna FREAK when I tell him that Peyton Manning franchise number. I still wonder how the Colts will be able to franchise Manning with that high a cap number when they have some of the lowest revenue in the NFL due to playing in the smallest stadium in the NFL and no hope of getting a new one built, plus playing in a state where basketball, not football is king

And the consense is that to resign Manning, they will have to give him a Brett Farve/Donovan McNabb type contract

Archived