Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who coaches if Marty goes?

OrangeSkin

I can't think of any viable candidate. I also can't think of any coach that would even want the job, because he'd most likely become the laughingstock of the league for it.

We'd be in worse shape without Marty than with. The players would have to learn the system of a far less experienced coach, and he'd also have to gain their trust. It would be a repeat of this year, only with a less experienced coach at the helm.

If we had a first year coach coming up from offensive coordinator, I would bet that we wouldn't have climbed out of that 0-5 hole. Granted, we dropped several after that, but that's about all this team is capable of: .500 at best. With any other available coach, we would have been discussing this in November instead of a possible playoff berth.

I'd love to see Marty stay under a couple conditions, and number 1 is Raye goes. If not, Marty can go, because we don't need this moron directing our offense.

I'd also love to see a GM come in, but I doubt Marty will want to give up that kind of power. Perhaps Snyder could make some sacrifices as well and they could come to a happy medium.

Basically, getting rid of Marty would be a bad decision, mostly because we'd have to put up with the whole "getting to know you, gaining your trust," crap again next year, and it would be with a far more inexperienced coach.

If he blows next year, then sure, he's gone. But he won't if we let him have next year.

Archived