Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wiley out for opener

HailVictory

That's huge for us and for our untested o-line if it's true. That means that we can adjust our blocking towards rookie RG Brandt without fearing any particular repurcussions on the left side of our line.

Do you have a link?

------------------

"Loosen up, Sandy baby. You're just too damn tight!" - John Riggins to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

Plus I believe that they just lost their starting center, Roman Fortin for the year due to knee surgery.

I just checked out KFFL's Charger news wire page and Holy Cow, it's the sick, the lame and the crazy over there. Even their defensive coordinator is out for Sunday's game!

------------------

"Loosen up, Sandy baby. You're just too damn tight!" - John Riggins to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

So, going in we have every possible health advantage against a team that went 1-15 a year ago. And still, I'm not terribly confident (OTOH, I'm not particularly pessimistic either).

This season will really test the axioms about ignoring preseason. It would be sweet to come in with a supremely disciplined team...one that you must beat on the field rather than waiting for it to shoot itself.

If San Diego is called for having 'Too Many Men on The Field', think of me - I'll be the one with the huge I-Knew-It grin.

[edited.gif by TennesseeCarl on September 06, 2001.]

Archived