Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Banks' Output Last 3 home games: 14, 6, 15 points. Any questions?

bulldog

Forget an extension contract with incentives for Banks to prove himself with another year of practice time. Tony is what he is, a capable backup quarterback that can come in and hold down the fort for 3-4 games while your starter is out in midseason, but not a starter to win you the big games.

Trying to read any more into what Banks has done or has not done this season is purely wishful thinking.

This team is now 0-3 at HOME with a playoff berth riding on the outcome. In all three games the defense kept the opponent to 20 points or less. In all three games the Redskins had the ball in the fourth quarter with a chance to win the game.

All three games, Banks failed to deliver points with the ball in the opponent's end of the field.

We can blame blocking, receivers, runners and pure bad luck for some misfires but at some point the lack of productivity has to come back on the player that pulls the trigger and handles 100% of the snaps for the team's offense.

I hear a starting job may be opening up in Cincinnati Tony, and they are willing to give you a 2 year deal smile.gif

Guest fuji869

The 15 should be a 13 considering the Bears gave us a Safety. laugh.gif

I agree completly, you can not expect to keep your job in the NFL if you can not deliver points in the Redzone when the game and the season is on the line. And that has happened repeatedly over the past two games!

Good Bye Tony! bigwave.gif

And your surprised at the point totals?

Using the link Redman provided in a post further down (in response to something I was wondering) I looked back over his career and posted a rather longish string of info on Banks.

To sum it up, including this year, in something like 48 of 74 games QB'd by Banks, Banks' team has failed to score 20 points. and if you were to take away defensive scores and special teams scores, the total could be even higher.

That's about as d@mning a statistic as you can get for a QB: he can't lead the O to scores.

Today, gentlemen, was another example of why Tony Banks is just good enough to lose.

Forget the play calling for a minute (which wasn't THAT bad for most of the game). tony Banks inability to deliver the short pass on target is killing us. I counted maybe 3 tough throws that he made, and about 10 easy ones that he missed.

Coach Killer. Absolute coach killer.

I am becoming more and more convinced that there are only 2 needs on this team:

1. Quarterback capable of playing to win

2. Massive fatbody to plug the run up the middle.

That's it. Anything else is gravy.

------------------

Archived