Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Agent QB for 2002?

streets

HELL NO! The man that will lead us to the promise land lies in a 4th round draft pick from Iowa State. Yes, that's right, Sage Rosenfels. For those of you who didn't get a chance to see Sage carry the Cyclones his senior year to their very first bowl victory ever and first 9 win season since 1906, you better read up. He is the real deal. Oh, did I mention that he is a clutch performer and also threw for over 300 yards w/ no INT's that game. With a year under his belt and a rapport with the rest of the team, he should be the go to guy come 2002.

Some may want to go for a high $$ free agent come next season. But think, we would just bring another guy in who has no knowledge of the program, has never thrown to the receivers, or has an attitude similiar to Mr. Georges. I'd say the arrow points to Sage.

Sage won't be ready next year. If we had an experienced, intelligent quarterbacks coach, then perhaps. But we have Brian 'frickin Schottenheimer.

Potential free agent names I've heard thrown around are Drew Bledsoe, Mark Brunell, possibly even Elvis Grbac. Next year is supposed to be better than this year. We'll have a repeat of this year if we hand over the reigns to Sage, and nobody wants that.

If we get a big free agent this offseason, then Sage will be a stud when his time comes.

Archived