Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Makes you wonder how the hell we beat the Patriots

Fact of the matter is that NE had I believe 9 starters out of the lineup, and had not yet hit their stride. Had it been a mid season game we would have been embarrassed. Funny thing is that they almost came back to beat us in that one too. Trevor, in regards to your comments regarding the absence of Pennington and Vick in the Jets and Falcons games, I too believe those would have been losses for us. Score of the Jets game was 16-13, Falcons game 33-31 I believe. Hell, those are enormously important players for those two respective clubs. Their presence surely would have been worth an extra 4 and 3 points respectively, to win those games. Its scary when the best players were not playing in those games for the opposition, and we still barely got by.

Lady luck smiled a lot early this year.

Do you think we beat Atlanta with Vick? We were down 17-0....

Do we beat the jets without Pennington? Vinnie was horrid that game.

And the Pats? They had more injuries than an emergency ward.....

Sure we won those games. Barely......

5-9 could easily be 2 -11.... (and yes I know they lost some games they could of won. But do you really expect them to not find a way to lose?)

This season, as bad as it's been, could of rivaled Norv's worst (3-13-). another Norv comparison....... :doh:

Archived