Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportstalk radio question

Big Easy

we have a new all-sports station down here. I'd already been listening in the mornings to Golic and Greenberg, as well as Kornheiser, on another weak-signal station. Now, I'm getting Tony Bruno opposite Kornheiser. I think Golic's an idiot but I do like Kornheiser, so I haven't listened yet to Bruno. Am I missing anything? Also, in the evenings, we're getting a guy named Steve Czaban. Should I be listening to him? Our local guys stink but I don't want to invest too much time in Czaban if you guys don't recommend it.

Czaban is a tool. He's a local guy here in DC. He's part of a local afternoon show here before he goes national in the evenings. He is completely uninformed...he barely knows the names of the Skins players...but he tries to be controversial and sort of a conspiracy theorist. I usually end up cussing at my radio because of his lack of knowledge. It's like this...Kornheiser knows nothing, but he makes up for it by being funny. Czaban knows nothing, and he tries to make up for it by being annoying. That said, I guess he's a guy you either love or hate.

Take this for what it's worth (because it's just my opinion). I think Tony Bruno and Andrew (his sidekick) are the best sports talk show going. They consistently have great guests and great sports insight all mixed with a healthy dose of humor. Bruno is from Philly and loves the Eagles. I can easily forgive him that minor sin because he hates the Cowboys and never misses a chance to poke fun at them.

I like Kornheiser best on PTI and not on his talk show. He gets sidetracked too easy and goes off on things that I don’t care about.

Steve Czaban usually finds a way to piss me off when I listen to him so I don’t make a habit of catching his show unless I’m driving somewhere. Some folks must like him because he has a radio show after all.

Archived