Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Petition for no more Monday Night Football games?

aolforbroadband

I can't recall any teams getting as many MNF games and playing as poorly as the Redskins. I'm honestly thinking back to nearly two DECADES of poor football. Yes, I understand we've always had mediocre to slightly above average teams since Gibbs 1.0...even when we managed to finish with 9 or 10 win seasons sprinkled in those years of mostly bad football.

I don't know what it is, but this team just falls flat on its face on Monday Night. It doesn't matter the opponent, this team just plays its worst on Monday Night and 1-16 the last 17 MNF home games just speaks volumes. Until this team can win more than 10 games consistently, I'd rather not have to wait an extra day for the same disappointing result. The rest of the country would probably agree with me too.

I might have miscalculated, but I thought I counted 2-17 on MNF since FedEx opened.

Also saw something posted on Czaban's Twitter that the Redskins are 6-27 in their past 33 primetime games. That is astounding.

The league should've done Cleveland a solid by putting their game with us on MNF. Heck, it wasn't like they didn't fumble the game away to us as it was.  If we had played them on MNF here, they'd be 1-13.

And please don't say, "well, what do you expect, the Skins have been mostly bad."  Even accounting for that, only winning two MNF games at home in the history of FedEx is nuts.

Archived