Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

lavar on his late hits

he was interviewed by mike ivrin and said that he can't help it when he hits people out of bounds. lavar cites, "When LaVar comes from the OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD I just cue it up....I'm a linebacker I deliver punishment". So to him he's locked in there's no letting up. Call me a homer but I kinda like making the other team pay a little. He's got to be smart and realize when to deliver the extra punishment, i.e. early in the game or when we're up big, and NOT on third downs.

Originally posted by Cleotis

he was interviewed by mike ivrin and said that he can't help it when he hits people out of bounds. lavar cites, "When LaVar comes from the OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD I just cue it up....I'm a linebacker I deliver punishment". So to him he's locked in there's no letting up. Call me a homer but I kinda like making the other team pay a little. He's got to be smart and realize when to deliver the extra punishment, i.e. early in the game or when we're up big, and NOT on third downs.

LA's statement is 100% BALONEY! You don't see Ray Lewis constantly hitting people way out of bounds (not to mention regularly going offsides when the opposing offense is in the Red Zone). Don't tell me that LA is more intense than Ray Lewis. LA needs to take the responsibility for his mistakes and correct them, and not claim that these penalties occur because he's so special. If he thinks it's OK to for him to cause a stupid penalty because he came all the way from the other side of the field to do it, he needs to grow up as a football player. He should save his breath by staying on his side and making a good play on the next down he plays.

Archived