Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Flying from Australia for my first Skins home game. Tips for a newbie looking to make sure it's as good an experience as possible?

Chadwiko

I noticed no one mentioned some things to keep in mind while you're there as far as money is concerned. Remember, beers are just under $10 apiece inside for Budweisers. If you want a ****tail you're looking at around the $15 range. Hot dogs, popcorn, and peanuts are right around the 5-$10 range. Just giving you an idea of what to expect inside. I'm personally a fan of doing all my drinking and eating at the tailgates. Better food and much cheaper especially if you're looking to get a few souvenirs at the Redskins Store. Which is located just inside the Bud Light Gate. But to each their own. This is your game day experience, and you should do whatever you'd like to make it as memorable and ideal as possible.

Some other things to remember. 12p is probably a really good time to start heading over to the gate to get to your seat. Not just for the sake of catching the pregame stuff but you also beat the crowds at the gates. By about 12:30, you'll be standing in a crowded line (it moves fairly quickly considering the size) with a bunch of folks that are drunk and antsy lol. Also, make absolutely sure you remember where you parked (color, number) and which gate you come in on. I know it sounds kinda stupid, but you'd be surprised how many folks get lost in the lot looking for their car after a game. Snap a picture of the closest light pole/parking marker to your car.

And one more thing. HAVE FUN! Go crazy, lose your voice, and remember this moment.

Archived