Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT:...Big Ten...This is just stupid

CounterTre

From TSN:<br /><br />"The 18th-ranked Buckeyes (20-7, 11-5) joined Wisconsin and Indiana as conference champions. <br /><br />Wisconsin locked up its share Wednesday by beating Michigan 74-54. Indiana staked its claim to the conference crown with a 79-67 win over Northwestern on Saturday. Illinois has a chance to make it four Big Ten champions when it plays on Sunday at Minnesota."<br /><br />I'm a Buckeye and root for them faithfully but this is just dumb. The Big Ten needs to have a freakin tournament. Declaring 3 or 4 champions in a conference barely 3 times that size is ludicrous. And talk about hollow, Indiana has to be laughing or maybe cussing after beating the Bucks. <br /><br />Come on Big Ten...wake up. Sticking to tradition just because it's tradition when it is glaringly obvious that it doesn't work is crazy and a repeated practice in ignorance for the world to see. Until they do so being a Big Ten Champion isn't going to mean much.

LOL Ok do I get the bonehead of the day award then? I read this opinion piece last night in a stupor and didn't check too far into it obviously. That also shows how closely I follow college B-Ball. The point still has some merit though...why declare 3 or 4 co-champions...it's meaningless and stupid.

Because they were all tied for the regular season championship. Not that it means anything of any substance, but there ain't much you can do about it. The real champion will be decided in Indianapolis.<br /><br />The Pac-10 didn't have a conference tourney until this season...now that was stupid.

Archived