Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's All Timing...

SmootDawg21

Emotion has so much to do with winning in the NFL today.

Game 1 - NY Jets

The Jets were fired up to prove they could win without the Big 4. The Big 4 were fired up to prove they were worth what the Skins paid them. Coles and Hall were huge parts of that game. Two fired up teams and a 3 point victory.

Game 2 - Falcons

The Falcons come off a big win in Dallas. The Skins off of 10 days rest look horrible in the first quarter. Our D makes Doug Johnson look like an All Pro QB. TJ Duckett looks all world. We barely hold on after a furious comeback.

Game 3 - NY Giants

The Giants have a lot to prove after losing to Dallas in OT on Monday Night. They were mad about the loss and were going to take it out on the Skins. Guess what - they did.

Game 4 - Patriots

The Patriots have heard about how great Ramsey is - but he hasn't played against a Belicheck D before. Besides that, they are a banged up team with nothing to lose. Guess what, they almost came back and beat a healthy Redskins team.

Game 5 - Eagles

Rushgate..."No one deserves to win a game like the Eagles after all the evil things that have been said about McNabb." Can a banged up D stop the aerial attack of the Skins? Can the Eagles finally win in their new stadium. Yes they can. The D came to play and they beat the Skins. McNabb played poorly, but to hear the annoucers that day he carried the team to victory.

Game 6 - Tampa

Horrible collapse on Monday night. Tampa's D is being questioned all week. They came out in the second half and dominated the Skins. Simeon Rice and Warren Sapp - 6 sacks.

Game 7 - Buffalo

Last ranked O in the NFL. Travis Henry is getting 60 yards a game. No Eric Moulds - the D is playing poorly. This quote from the owner says it all...

"Any team would've had a hard time beating the Bills today, the way they hustled," Wilson said. "They had so much emotion."

The Skins need to find out what they have to play for. If it's just for the dough then this is all we have to look forward to. Is it a coincidence that we pay out the wazoo for players - yet we still stink up the joint year in and year out? Maybe they are fat and happy just cashing in on Snyder's willingness to overpay. There are some exceptions, but I wonder if we have a lot of complacent players on this team. In my field, if I don't produce I don't collect a paycheck. How would I feel if I failed on a project but still collected a paycheck of $312,500 each week.

the problem is that teams that are still trying to find out their purpose in being almost half way through the season are usually lost causes :(

in my mind, the season (except for injuries) is set up by what the club does in camp and the preseason.

this team, outside of the Ravens game, was awful in the preseason and looked to have some holes from the camp reports we read.

I for one was surprised the team came out and was able to recover from the sacks/hurries to not only beat the Jets in the opener but overcome the 0-17 hole in Atlanta.

Now we can see that unlike the Eagles last year when McNabb went down, the Jets and Falcons without their starting qbs are dead in the water.

Where Detmer and Feeley got the Eagles into the playoffs, Vinny is just hanging on for dear life and Doug Johnson was benched for Kurt Kittner.

When you realize the Skins so far are only 1-4 against teams with their starting qbs, you realize the Skins are at best an average team, and perhaps worse than that when the injuries mount.

Is that fair based on the talent? Perhaps not.

But based on performance it is a fair judgment so far.

Archived