Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Pick Familiar Practice Squad

i thought minifield played well enough to make the 53 squad .he might be moved off the practice squad sometime this season.

shannahan probably is using the practice squad like gibbs was using the ir list for stashing players but he could be signed by another team though unlike the ir list of the past !!!

Chase was good during the preseason but needs a bit more coaching to get his head turned around to see the ball. Nick Williams impressed me with his speed and agility and his determination. Jamison needs another year to get stronger. Lance Lewis can go up and get the ball and seems to be getting better each year. There is a lot of young talent on the PS this year which means that the squad of 53 is deeply talented.

Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen have, in my view, turned this team around. Considering they did it with crippling league imposed salary cap penalties (screw you Mara) is amazing. The future is bright indeed. HTTR

Chase was good during the preseason but needs a bit more coaching to get his head turned around to see the ball. Nick Williams impressed me with his speed and agility and his determination. Jamison needs another year to get stronger. Lance Lewis can go up and get the ball and seems to be getting better each year. There is a lot of young talent on the PS this year which means that the squad of 53 is deeply talented. Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen have, in my view, turned this team around. Considering they did it with crippling league imposed salary cap penalties (screw you Mara) is amazing. The future is bright indeed. HTTR

hail rjmjr, mara has got to be having a temper tantrum over it because he couldn't stop it  and he's really going have a stinky fit when we win the superbowl in his house. lmaoforgfa!!!

Xavier Nixon is a mystery to me because I never noticed him on the field during preseason but heard some encouraging things about him during training camp. I like his size,strength and I'm sure he'll be groomed to add depth/competition at right tackle. If something were to happen to Thompson then I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Williams pulled up for the return job.

Xavier Nixon is a mystery to me because I never noticed him on the field during preseason but heard some encouraging things about him during training camp. I like his size,strength and I'm sure he'll be groomed to add depth/competition at right tackle. If something were to happen to Thompson then I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Williams pulled up for the return job.

Just watched some video of Nixon from his Gator days where he played left tackle. Seems his best attribute is the strength in his long arms which helps to push off rushers in passing situations. On the run you see him routinely pancaking dlinemen/linebackers to seal off a lane for rb. I think he's raw with an upside esp. if the coaches have a plan to move him to right side as depth behind Polumbus. The exception to the right side is start working Tom Compton on right side(hoping that he could beat out Polumbus) and let Nixon backup Trent in his familiar position. If Trent were to be injured(please NO) then Compton go back to left and Polumbus start at right side.

Couldn't ask for a better PS squad and here's hoping that Chase gets a shot on the roster later this season.

Hail JDHAWK-

Agreed, to me it looks like an all star practice squad because we have been following these guys and commenting on their play and development. There are guys on that list that are potential starters with more time in the system and a few that could start now.

Hail 157 & JD

I see Chase coming off the PS if there is an injury at Corner and I see Nick Williams coming off if (God forbid) Chris Thompson has an injury.

All in all, I can't remember when the team was so deep with talent. On defense we have some linebackers who could start on 60% of the teams in the league playing backup. On offense we have the makings of the best Tight End group in the NFC if not the league.

It's going to be a good year, I think! HTTR

I'm so ready to see this year get started. Our team is stacked. The transformation over the last two years is incredible especially when you take into account the cap penalties. The team is young and getting back the money we haven't had the last two years will go a long way in helping us retain everyone when their contracts come up and they want more money because they've proven their worth. I see a lasting success in our future. HTTR!!

I just read that we have place Dezmon Briscoe on IR for the year after he cleared waivers. This is a very interesting move as he is in the last year of his contract. So we must pay him for this year, pay for rehab, and then resign him next year (or he could sign with someone else after all that cost). This tells me that our GM and Coaching staff must feel he is worth the risk. He is only 24 and in his 3rd NFL year so maybe he needs another year to grow in a true NFL WR. My concerns with him is his speed (or lack of speed) and he still looks "College Thin" and could bulk up more. I am not sure I agree with this move. your thoughts are welcome.

Hail 157 & JD I see Chase coming off the PS if there is an injury at Corner and I see Nick Williams coming off if (God forbid) Chris Thompson has an injury. All in all, I can't remember when the team was so deep with talent. On defense we have some linebackers who could start on 60% of the teams in the league playing backup. On offense we have the makings of the best Tight End group in the NFC if not the league. It's going to be a good year, I think! HTTR

You are right about the 2nd team linebackers. As good as the front 4 are we could platoon them with 2nd team esp. if Rob Jackson was there.

Tight ends are going to provide shockwaves if Jordan Reed proves to be who we think he is. Paulsen is really my personal favorite of them, not for scoring but for toughness, blocking, good hands and he's always the first player there to help a Redskin up after he's been tackled or sacked esp Robert.

So, just heard about Barry CoField restructuring his contract opening $2.4 million in cap space this year. I keep thinking about Coaches cutting Pasho who was at least be our backup right tackle this year. Team that up with a suspicious move to keep Pat White on the 53 man roster. I'm really smelling a trade....who has available olineman and a need for a quarterback " Buffalo?Jets?

You are right about the 2nd team linebackers. As good as the front 4 are we could platoon them with 2nd team esp. if Rob Jackson was there.

Tight ends are going to provide shockwaves if Jordan Reed proves to be who we think he is. Paulsen is really my personal favorite of them, not for scoring but for toughness, blocking, good hands and he's always the first player there to help a Redskin up after he's been tackled or sacked esp Robert.

I agree 100% about the TE's, we could run double TE's in a fast pace style and just run safeties into the ground on deep routes and then just roll in the next set. Teams are going to be hard pressed on how to play us. We may have more people who can get free on pass plays that teams have guys who can cover requiring them to play more zone. And if they go nickel or dime, they then have to try and tackle Morris head up w/ DB's or try and chase down RG3. Maybe we can return the favor of placing fast TE's on ILB's down field like what happened to Fletcher in the past. God I can not wait to see how we manage all this talent.

Archived