Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

White Proves Worthy

Glad to see him make the best of his second chance, that being said I feel like four QBs is too many and Rex should be gone instead of Chase Minnefield. We need more depth in the secondary and he was starting to show up in the preseason a little. I hope he clears waivers and can be back on the practice squad and we can have him back next season to compete for the 53 man roster again with another year removed from surgery and a better grasp of the D as well.

carrying 4 qbs is strange but white must have shown enough to have shannahan keep him.

i think they want to keep developing him, since he is not practice squad eligible , so he could slide into #2 qb when cousins is traded somewhere in the future.just can't grossman in the game at #2 much less starting  and he does ,start we better get the blood pressure pills out and have the paramedics standing by he going to give us heart failure at some point!!!

I won't pretend to understand Shanny's plan for carrying 4 QBs, but I'm glad for White. He seems worthy of a 2nd chance. Not only that but appreciative of it as well. Personally I like the move. I like very much the idea of having 2 QBs on the team that can run this O the way it was meant to be run. Nothing against Cousins or anything, he's clearly our #2, but teams are lucky if they even have 1 QB on the team that can run the read option, we now have 2. That's a clear & overwhelming advantage over the rest of the NFC East. All these "analysts" saying that we're not good enough to repeat in the East are just blind fools. Show me another team in the East with this kind of depth & skill at QB. Show me another team in the East with this kind of skill & depth at RB. You can't! It really IS a very exciting time to be a Redskins fan! Can't wait for the Season to start!

HTTR!!!

I won't pretend to understand Shanny's plan for carrying 4 QBs, but I'm glad for White. He seems worthy of a 2nd chance. Not only that but appreciative of it as well. Personally I like the move. I like very much the idea of having 2 QBs on the team that can run this O the way it was meant to be run. Nothing against Cousins or anything, he's clearly our #2, but teams are lucky if they even have 1 QB on the team that can run the read option, we now have 2. That's a clear & overwhelming advantage over the rest of the NFC East. All these "analysts" saying that we're not good enough to repeat in the East are just blind fools. Show me another team in the East with this kind of depth & skill at QB. Show me another team in the East with this kind of skill & depth at RB. You can't! It really IS a very exciting time to be a Redskins fan! Can't wait for the Season to start!

HTTR!!!

hail canadianfanforlife, the buffoons of the media  always want to pick the cowturds tinys and now the sheagles again over our team.

its the same old song and dance .as long as gm jerry is  running his circus they wont be a threat ,the tinys are dreaming thinking that they can bounce back to the superbowl  and the sheagles are in a coma not even having a waking thought of competing !!!

hail canadianfanforlife, the buffoons of the media  always want to pick the cowturds tinys and now the sheagles again over our team.

its the same old song and dance .as long as gm jerry is  running his circus they wont be a threat ,the tinys are dreaming thinking that they can bounce back to the superbowl  and the sheagles are in a coma not even having a waking thought of competing !!!

HAIL HAILYEAH1!

We're roll'in. Hitting on all cylinders. The rest of the NFC East is in standstill mode, on pause if you will.  Of course there are things we need to work on, but like I said, only a blind fool can't see we ARE the team to beat in the NFC East!

HTTR!!!

In many ways Pat White is still a rookie... The Dolphins threw him into a system that he wasn't suited to and he got hurt. He left football for baseball (most likely discouraged) but has grown up and decided to come back to football. Because he spent a full season on the regular roster for Miami and played in regular season games White is not eligible for the PS. Pat is a natural for the zone read and needs to be groomed in the professional game... the right way. Look at it this way... The Shanahan/Allen team has procured a 2nd round draft pick at no cost who perfrectly fits the offensive scheme currently designed by Kyle Shanahan. If Pat continues to progress in his comeback to the NFL then the team can trade Kirk (after his 3rd contract year) to a team that needs a #1 QB and move Pat into the #2 slot. In the meantime Pat can run the opponent practice offense when the 'Skins are facing Zone read teams like SF and Seattle and other teams that may adopt parts or all of the scheme. Pat has the talent now he has the time. HTTR

RJMJR - have not seen too many comment in your manner all preseason - Have you been reading all my post since after the Skins vs Titans game? here, Washington Post and ESPN LOL..

I agree with your comment.. another thing people are missing, is Mike Shanny's enthusiasm about White. They are also missing the fact that Miami was the first team to introduce the Spread Offense into the NFL. And why did they do it? For Pat White in 2009 when acquiring him. This is also why he has learned the Skins O system so fast, and as Shanny said, does not make mistakes. I look for Pat White to enter the Eagles game.

Archived