Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grossman: Wins Boost Everyone's Confidence

okay with the qb situatoins on other teams can we now get some trade for rex  he may not starting material but is better  than some backups on other teams ,the bills and jets are in trouble .

we may decide to keep him then release white .

or keep both somehow which requires rex to coaching

or release both which would be stupid get a player or pick them.

isn't this better debating 3rd string qbs instead of debating who we get for our franchise qb,this just shows how far we have come in 3 short years !!!

All things considered we are doing pretty well and in a good place as the team cuts to 75. Don't think anyone is going to shed a tear for these players getting cut, it's what they signed up for and knew the possibility of getting cut was always there. Separates the wheat from the chaff.

Everybody is always hating on Doughty & I don't know why. He may not be very good in coverage but he's a beast against the run. Don't be surprised if he's on the team AGAIN.

HTTR!!!

Life, I for one would not be surprised at all. As you say he's great against the run, to a lesser degree against the pass but he's usually first player down the field for defensive special teams and he wants to lay wood on the guy he's tackling. He played as well as any defensive player during the 7 game win streak.

OK, Here is my list of 1st round CUTS: Anunoby DL, Ashworth OL, Brace DT, Elmore LB, Gumbs DB, Hamilton DT, Mouton DB, Murphy CB, Ogbuehi TE, Reeves WR, So'oto LB, Steven OL, Sturdivant LB. I am also planning on placing the following on IR: Robinson LB, Jamison RB, Kimbrough LB. What say you Redskins nation, Who are your 1st round CUTS.

This is a viable list of cuts for this round with the exception of Brace NT and Gumbs DB. Also So'oto has been solid at LB but we are deep in that spot. Brace I can't see being cut because Cofield won't play the last preseason and I don't think the staff wants Neild playing the whole game. Brace may not be cut at all if the staff decides to move Baker to the DE spot in the long term. Gumbs has a physical presence that we sorely need in the backfield. I'm not sure if we have been disguising any coverage issues he has. There is very very little being reported on him but I like some of the plays he did show up on.  

BTW - Keenan Robinson is already on IR since November so there would have to be someone else to include that is not a IR candidate and I'm not sure if Jamison qualifies for IR. He is destined for PS but we won't cut him this round. 

I wish I was around the Rex debate but I was traveling then. That was our best debate so far and I would have agreed with Goskins about Rex being a necessary evil for the team. I love Pat White but even I can tell he still can only throw quick post routes and short slants down the middle. And those passes are limited to short range throws. If he was PS eligible then that would be great. Pat in a real game time situation would be in serious trouble for us right now if Cousins and RG3 go down for even a 1/2 game situation. The defenses would shut the middle of the field down and force him to throw outside the hashes which he is not accurate with. It would be pick 6 scenarios in the regular season. Rex can moves the ball between the 20s and then we hope our run game can take it from there. Yes Rex will kill us if he is forced to throw the ball int he red zone on a 3rd or 4th down most the time. Yes Rex leads or throws behind at times. Yes Rex will throw INTs. However, Rex can also product within all that chaos. I'll leave this discussion now since I know it's been dead for some time. It was a good debate though and wish I could have been more involved in it. :D

Someone asked if we should keep Rex if it meant releasing a player with potential that just need time for development. That's a relative question since it boils down to how much potential the player can be. If he is Skye Dawson right now then I say regrettably keep Rex since Skye has shown nothing as a receiver and Chris Thompson looks like he could fill the role as returner just fine. Also we have Hall and even Moss that can return punts/KOs if need be. Now, if we are discussing something of more relevance like Jenkins then yes we should gamble by cutting Rex. In general I'd keep Rex for now if it means losing a raw player with potential as a backup somewhere however not one that could be a long term starter in this league. 

Life, I for one would not be surprised at all. As you say he's great against the run, to a lesser degree against the pass but he's usually first player down the field for defensive special teams and he wants to lay wood on the guy he's tackling. He played as well as any defensive player during the 7 game win streak.

Not only does he make the team (Doughty), but I have him starting in week one as Meriweather still has not found the field yet. I do not believe that we would start him without any preseason game work (and if he plays Thursday, odds are he will get hurt again). I am still wondering why we haven't moved on from this guy (Meriweather).

& that's the way its always been. He's been in the top percentile on the team in tackles year after year. He has heart & a burning desire to be the best he can be. Why wouldn't we want that? Why would ANY team not want that? 

HTTR!!!

Doughty is going nowhere but in his usual backup role. He is an experienced player that knows the system well and plays better in the box than anyone else we have. He contained Russell Wilson in the playoffs which I welcome anyone to challenge me on if you disagree by reviewing the tape. He is a pass coverage liability but when we are deep enough in Safety, you can position him so that he won't hurt us covering down field.

Doughty is going nowhere but in his usual backup role. He is an experienced player that knows the system well and plays better in the box than anyone else we have. He contained Russell Wilson in the playoffs which I welcome anyone to challenge me on if you disagree by reviewing the tape. He is a pass coverage liability but when we are deep enough in Safety, you can position him so that he won't hurt us covering down field.

I wonder why don't others understand this? 

HTTR!!!

Canadianfanforlife : I don't understand , Because every time there's competition , they either get hurt , Or busted with drug test . Reed can't cover no one , And the only reason he looks good is coach just blitz him over and over . Bro this is a passing league , And reed can't cover . He's here by default plain and simple . 9 lives, lucky , God on his side hahah whatever you want to call it , But the moment we get the injuries fix his career is over . No one will pick him up . Merriweather and thomas was healthy the conversation would be different . Like i said by default

well i said in the past doughty was a poor mans l landry ,same skill set ,great run inforcer cover skills questionable,plays just well enough to stick on the team .as we get younger more talented eventualy both rex and doughty time will run out as well as dhall j wilson and all the the rest of the second tier dbs we brought in over the years .

well i will say this Rex is better than alot of the qbs we had in the past 

i started a thread on another board called vinnies all star (dud) team and the posters came up with comments on alot of dud qbs we had since the last good ones in Rypien,johnson and brunell

that list is long and trust me even though we kick ole rex around like an old worn out football he is lightyears better than that group losers

Canadianfanforlife : I don't understand , Because every time there's competition , they either get hurt , Or busted with drug test . Reed can't cover no one , And the only reason he looks good is coach just blitz him over and over . Bro this is a passing league , And reed can't cover . He's here by default plain and simple . 9 lives, lucky , God on his side hahah whatever you want to call it , But the moment we get the injuries fix his career is over . No one will pick him up . Merriweather and thomas was healthy the conversation would be different . Like i said by default

HAIL DORRELL77!

It's not his fault that people get hurt or get busted. Also, no one is debating that he's not the best cover safety. If J.H. blitz him, Doughty is only doing what he's told to do....& he does it well. Lastly, you don't last in the NFL by sheer luck...just doesn't happen.

Canadianfanforlife: Yes you don't last in the NFL without something , But in this case yes . Injuries , And Jackson drug test is the reason he's on the team . He was gone last year and then jackson failed a drug test and merriweather got hurt hahaha LMAO for real . Its just funny ..... And where not blitzing that much this year by the way it looks . I hope he proves me wrong tho

yeah guys we kick doughty around like an old rag doll but he is better than some we have had ,does the name archuletta come to mind .

its just a shame the doughty conversation would be moot if  the Sean Taylor tradegy didn't happen .

landry have would be playing in in his correct safety position ,not being injured becoming a winny ... and they could have struck fear over the middle even today.

but that didn't happen and now we are still trying fix all db positions

well i said in the past doughty was a poor mans l landry ,same skill set ,great run inforcer cover skills questionable,plays just well enough to stick on the team .as we get younger more talented eventualy both rex and doughty time will run out as well as dhall j wilson and all the the rest of the second tier dbs we brought in over the years .

well i will say this Rex is better than alot of the qbs we had in the past 

i started a thread on another board called vinnies all star (dud) team and the posters came up with comments on alot of dud qbs we had since the last good ones in Rypien,johnson and brunell

that list is long and trust me even though we kick ole rex around like an old worn out football he is lightyears better than that group losers

I'm not willing to compare doughty to Landry or anybody else boss.  He is a BUM!  You say he plays well against the run?  Well, I say he barely plays average in the in the run.  I've seen him get drug up and down the field for years man!  So he can't cover and on a good day he's average agianst the run I don't understand his value unless it's ST's. BTW, have you seen his price tag?  He makes over a million a year!  That way too much money to pay the WORST SS in the NFL!! 

And your point about Rex is crazy!  Just go back and watch the three preseason games so far, and count the ints. that should have been picked off (my count is at 7 lol).  So I can't say he beter than anyone either, currently right now he playing average agianst 2nd and 3rd string players as a 11 or 12 year old vet....smh.

I'm not willing to compare doughty to Landry or anybody else boss.  He is a BUM!  You say he plays well against the run?  Well, I say he barely plays average in the in the run.  I've seen him get drug up and down the field for years man!  So he can't cover and on a good day he's average agianst the run I don't understand his value unless it's ST's. BTW, have you seen his price tag?  He makes over a million a year!  That way too much money to pay the WORST SS in the NFL!! 

And your point about Rex is crazy!  Just go back and watch the three preseason games so far, and count the ints. that should have been picked off (my count is at 7 lol).  So I can't say he beter than anyone either, currently right now he playing average agianst 2nd and 3rd string players as a 11 or 12 year old vet....smh.

well i.m with you they both need replacing  no question they both are using those cat nine lives  but i have seen far worse  rex is better than shuler you'll have to admit and doughty seems to be better than the for mentioned archuletta. but that doesn't mean we should keep them on the roster either.

HAIL DORRELL77!

It's not his fault that people get hurt or get busted. Also, no one is debating that he's not the best cover safety. If J.H. blitz him, Doughty is only doing what he's told to do....& he does it well. Lastly, you don't last in the NFL by sheer luck...just doesn't happen.

Canadianfanforlife, please don't make excuses for doughty, he sucks.  Look at his production, all his weakness, and the fact that he get paid over million a year (bonified ST player).  I don't believe in luck, but God must be on side becase the last 3 years it's been 1 fluke event in preseason after another.  I guarantee NO team picks him up if we cut him today!  We've done before and he was on the streets almost 2 weeks before we signed him back in 2010 I think?  So now he's 3 years older and he still has not gotten better so...

Not only does he make the team (Doughty), but I have him starting in week one as Meriweather still has not found the field yet. I do not believe that we would start him without any preseason game work (and if he plays Thursday, odds are he will get hurt again). I am still wondering why we haven't moved on from this guy (Meriweather).

You both need to stop it, doughty sucks.

well is great stuff  but we seem to be  wearing out the rex and doughty debate .

lets try some comedy  or tragedy .

the comedy is ole fat albert is opening some burger joint ,the tragedy is he must be using the 40 million he practically stole from us !!!

the comedy mcnugget can't shut his trap ,the tragedy is he can't shut his trap!!!

Dre- I'm so tired of watching our receivers getting killed out there because Rex can't throw the medium to long ball without them having to slow down, stop, or come back to the ball because his doughy, pudgy ass is so out of shape. Yesterday is about as good as Rex can look and he should have had 2 interceptions.

Lol, great post I love it!!!

Archived