Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Titans: 4 Keys To The Game

This is the most interested I have been for a Redskins Preseason opener in many years. Even late in the game tonight I am going to be watching very close to see if there are a few "gems" deeper in the roster and which mid level back ups should be concerned about making this team. With 48 guys with 2 or less NFL years (about 30 are rookies) trying to spot the next break out player may not happen until very late in the game. It has taken Coach Shanny and GM Allen 4 years to build this roster to what I would consider "play-off" quality. In pass years the 2 suspended and 2 PUP list guys this early would have been major concerns, but this year they even hit the radar. While I still see some minor holes and depth problems, I believe these can be fixed with what we have in camp right now. What a great time to be a Redskins Fan. HTTR.

Helu is the real deal just like I have been touting. I was a huge fan of him in 2011 and nothing has changed that. He proved in this game tonight that he can be a grinder if you want him to be. i didn't see any huge holes for him to run through but he made the best out of what the line gave him. We are set with a great one-two punch. I can't call it a Thunder and Lightning since I think Helu runs as hard as AM does. However, Helu still needs to learn to be patient and not hit the hole prematurely. His speed can be his own worst enemy when he doesn't allow the zone blocking the time to create the holes.

Pat white looked poised and confident. I thought he was running a little tighter than what I remeber in his days at WV. However, I feel he has moved ahead of Grossman for the 3rd QB spot at this point.

well the good thing ,we won ,cousins looked good, helu looked good,,we got a pass rush but couldn't stop the run probably due to the rookie secondary be out of position not covering the backside..grossman looked ok but White looked alot better granted it was against the scrubs but looked poised and could now push for the 3rd qb spot.

forbath still needs alittle work on those kick offs coverage needs alittle work also

all in all a grade b needing more polishing in the areas montioned.

Hail to the Redskins!!!

Archived