Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tuesday Training Camp Practice Notes

"(Griffin) might not always like the plan," Shanahan said Monday. "But it's not my job to be liked. My job is to do the best thing for him -- and that's what I'll do."

That's what I want to hear. I know RG3 feels he's ready for 11 on 11 drills & that's he's fully recovered but I like this cautious approach. Sr. has obviously learned from last January's mistake & refuses to let emotion or RG3's popularity get in the way of sound judgement. Robert, It's for your own good! HTTR!!!  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000226923/article/robert-griffin-iii-keeps-pushing-mike-shanahan-keeps-protecting

On Thursday night we will start getting many of the answers we have on this years Redskins. I for one can not wait as the last few years it was pretty easy to forecast the 53 man roster and most of the P/S. A quick look at the numbers shows we many have to cut guys who can really play in the NFL and our 53 man roster could be heavy with DB's / CB's and WR's (assets) as most can not be stashed on the PS without other teams signing them. We may even see a trade or two (draft picks or a serviceable RT would be on my shopping list). We might have to use the old IR trick ("Hey son, we think you would have made the team if not for that injury". "What injury is that coach?" , "The one that will get you paid a full year if you allow us to place you on IR!", "Oh yea, that one", Welcome to the Redskins son". LOL Also our 53 man roster could be light on LB's, OL, and RB's in order to keep more skill players early on (WR, CB. DB) and until the trade deadline. I can not help but to say it again, It is a great time to be a Redskins fan! HTTR.

Archived