Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expectations On The Rise For Perry Riley

I am enthusiastic about the defense so far. Rak is coming back and looks really good, The secondary has been improved and other d-backs are coming back healthy from injuries. Looking forward to Thursday Night!

Injuries were a big problem for the defense last year. The increase in depth added via the draft & free agents and the return of some of the injured players coupled with the natural improvement in skills as a result of the experience gained by players like Riley will work well for the Skins. 12 to 15 wins is reasonable, and that is good position to be, once again.

One of many young players drafted by Shanahan that should start to shine in the NFL this season. I'm hoping along with Riley that Helu, Kerrigan, Chris Baker (Thanks To Jenkins' Suspension), Josh LeRibius (Not looking good coming into came out of shape), A Robinson, and Darrel Young will have their best years yet coming up. A Morris, RG3, TW, and Orakpo should be pro bowlers. The disappointments on drafted players so far have been Keenan Robinson, Jenkins, and Jordan Reed. I really like what I have been reading about Amerson and Rambo. I expect Thomas to step up his game during preseason. This roster overall is really coming together minus a permanent answer on Right Tackle.

What up guys .... looks like another great pick of mike's . Perry was a great value pick in the 4th round . Now can we get k . Robinson to stay healthy ? Please tell me we don't have another Roy Helu . Oh and before i go , Somebody tell RG3 no ...No he can't just jump ahead of mike schedule . 7 on 7 and that's it . Sorry dude but you just to important

hail dorell , jdhawk and theyareback,glad to see you guys found the new format,i changed my handle to hailyeah1 from httr1.

as for cousins we might get a late first rounder if he does well .

as for Riley and the rest of mikes picks  .he does seem to have a knack of finding them.

RT seems to be sore spot though and williams wrist is a concern

Good to see you guys coming back. Riley has been that ''under the radar'' type of guy but those of us who watch and study the game see him making plays behind the line of scrimmage and has a knack for finding the ball. He's humble. doesn't like interviews so he gets overlooked by media and some fans. If his play gets elevated and noticed enough for a pro bowl spot that would make 4 linebackers on the team that has been PBowlers. Hail To The Redskins !!

I think if Cousins plays in the regular season that is value will increase and possible to a high 1st round round. The reps he has been getting are sure to have refined his game. He did great as a rookie being thrown in the lions pit with only one game to actually prepare for. Great composure, smart, athletic enough, and a nice accurate arm will entice some teams to seek Cousins if he gets exposure during the regular season. I'm not sure we'd give up Cousins for anything less than a 1st and we really need him this season. Maybe next season a trade is possible but not unless we find another valuable backup for RG3.

No doubt Riley is overlooked and I'd bet over 50% of the media pundits on ESPN and NFL network would not be able to tell you what team the guy plays for more or less what position. I realize I also speak little about the guy who quietly goes through his role taking care of the trenches and the inside game. He is a lock on that position for many years to come and I hope he starts to get the recognition he deserves.

On a side note; I thinke he finally get some balance reporting on ESPN now since John Keim has moved there after a short stint with the Washington Post. It was smart of John to make his stay on the Post for only a few months since the reporting there is more like reality TV run by Snooky. Now at ESPN we get a guy who breaks down the team and who really tells you how players are peforming. Keim was on the Washington Examiner and I have been reading him for years. I get more out of his reports than anyone this side of profootballtalk.com

I believe Shanahan will keep Cousins till the 4th year of his contract as insurance for Griff in the event he gets hurt. seriously hurt or short term. Then in the meanwhile they need to draft another qb who will be equally as good as Cousins, can't trade him without having someone on the roster to take his place and for now that player is not on the roster.

how can you trade cousins without a quality backup in place? who really knows how long RG3 plays in this league, it could be many years or a very short stay we all hope he is able to play for years to come. we can't afford to trade our only quality back up QB at this time.

@ Dorrell- if we can't get a late 1st round for him there are other combinations that will get us depth. A 2nd and 5th would work as well because we have all witnessed Shanny's ability to harvest gems in the later rounds. Maybe a late1st round pick doesn't have the value that we think. Just a thought. HTTR!!!

I'm with everyone who says we need to hang onto Cousins. Right now we need him more than ever. RG3 is recovering very well & might very well be ahead of schedule but it only takes a fluke accident for us to lose him for an extended period of time. In todays NFL you NEED 2 starting caliber QBs to win. Without it you're destined for a mediocre existence. HTTR!!!

the cousins debate is where we left off before the format change.

we can't think of getting rid of him until we groom another backup to Griffin .

Ole Rex won't be around forever to ride the bench.

By the way has Pat White gotten any better in training camp there were reports of him throwing badly.?

i started a thread in the stadium forum and got a big debate on both sides of the question.

would you want White or Grossman as your 3rd qb?

hail hailyeah1 aka HTTR, It's odd since I also have read reports that Pat White's accuracy is still an issue while Shanahan has been stating a different view point. Shanahan feels he is a quick learner, smart guy, that hasn't made many mistakes. I can't wait to see how he does in preseason

hail hailyeah1 aka HTTR, It's odd since I also have read reports that Pat White's accuracy is still an issue while Shanahan has been stating a different view point. Shanahan feels he is a quick learner, smart guy, that hasn't made many mistakes. I can't wait to see how he does in preseason

Shanahan brought him in for a reason whether  White can be a reasonable clone of RG3 or makes it at another position ,which by some reports RB and WR were mentioned remains to be seen.

But at any rate  we will sometime down the road have to groom another qb for Griffins backup Cousins is a valuable comodity  that could bring us a late first rounder in a couple of years!!!

Archived