Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Gameplan's Film Session with The Czar

EmDiggy

Nice job on this, reall enjoyed it. Watched the entire thing. Good break down and analysis. I never played in school nor coached, yet have pretty decent knowledge just being an avid football fan, yet I gained a better understanding with visual aid on field here with QB pre snap assessments, built in hot routes, etc.  I knew of these things, like how the zone blocking scheme works on those Alfred Morris and Ray Rice runs, yet was still cool to see it in freeze frame and the decision making in a split second by the running back and their vision.    If you have the ability to spot shadow players when you freeze it, it may help for some.  I followed it pretty easily though. Good work.

Thanks Mumbo! I appreciate that! I'm trying to figure out how can I use the telestrator with my current video editing software.. What's your thoughts on having this as a segment within my weekly prediction videos or keep it as a stand alone segment?

I think stand alone is good...it's a little chalk talk more in depth.  I enjoy the weekly ones too. Not completely sure I recall the format of your weekly segment/prediction one. I'd have to go back and see one of those to really determine imo if it would better serve in tandom or seperately.   I see you are certainly honing your craft from some of the earlier ones I recall. I see the polish. good stuff.

Good offseason topic Em.  I'd much prefer you break it down from the offensive line prospective over running back vision, but I understand that you have to appease some guys that don't want to get too technical.

Love how you illustrated the Redskins in a plus situation on offense and in a minus situation on defense.

And you always get bonus points with me for saying "Rob Jackson does a great job of setting the edge and basically pushes Dennis Pitta back into 1997."

Archived