Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injuries Piling Up for the Bucs...

SmootDawg21

Here's a snippet about injuries that could have an effect on next week's game. Of course, we saw how much of an effect they had on the Eagles...

Tampa Bay Online - Buc Injuries

Injuries Pile Up For Bucs

TAMPA - Fullback Mike Alstott will miss Sunday's game at Washington with a nagging neck injury that has team doctors searching for answers, Bucs coach Jon Gruden said today. Several other players are listed as doubtful or questionable after Monday night's OT loss to Indianapolis, including CB Brian Kelly and WR Keyshawn Johnson. Stay with TBO.com for continuing coverage. ...

After last week's game I'm not falling into the ''injuries help us'' trap again.

We have to beat the defending superbowl champion Bucs who are a desperate team coming off an emotional and humiliating overtime loss. WE WILL GET THEIR BEST EFFORT THIS SUNDAY. To win we will have to play intense maximum effort football for 60 minutes-- something we haven't come close to doing all year. NOTHING LESS WILL DO.

I hope the Skins feel the same way.

We're going to get creamed. Only now, thanks to the Colts win, the Bucs won't get off our neck when they're up by 14 or 21.

They're two games behind Carolina. They need a statement game.

This is, with the Giants game, only the second loss I've predicted this year. Trying to be positive, but this ain't the week. Hoping to be way wrong.

Yeah, so far this year other than Atlanta and the Jets, teams that have significant injuries have come to play. Everyone and their mother thought we would handle New England, but they played tough till the end, then they go and beat Tennessee on Sunday. It was thought that we would pass all day and night over the Eagles, but their young corners played well and their defense, where they had most of their problems won the game for them.

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

That's the spirit ASF!

Sorry about that.

I'm looking forward to the Bills game. That's a winnable game against an opponent that's not obviously better than us, but not obviously worse. My big hope for the Bucs game is to avoid injuries and have Friedman and Fiore turn in a nice game for us with substantially reduced penalties by the OL.

If we can manage that, the Bucs game could be a moral victory and a sign of progress. The game score will be what it is, but we didn't think we were Super Bowl contenders just yet.

I'll be a lot less depressed even after a Bucs blowout (if that's what happens) than after the Eagles game. It's been a long time since I've been so p!ssed after a game. I'm *still* p!ssed. :) That game was ours to win if we could have been even mediocre on offense.

Originally posted by ColinG

This is a very winnable game for you guys. Short week against a beat up, depressed Bucs? It is now or never. You fail this one and you don't have a playoff team.

Disagree with all of this.

The Bucs have lost to the Panthers and Colts, but both of those teams are outstanding teams that really know what they are doing on both sides of the ball. They aren't quite complete teams on offense (Colts missing the dominating rusher, Panthers missing the dominating QB), but they are so dominant in all other phases of the game that it's easy to see why the Bucs could lose both games.

(I expected the Bucs to beat the Colts, however, because I assumed Manning wouldn't get enough protection without a compensating running game. I'm amazed he stayed standing.)

As for the Redskins, we aren't so complete as the Panthers and Colts, and the Bucs should exploit our OL problems. But this is far from the end of the world for us. We can certainly lose the Bucs game and make the playoffs. But we do need to fix the OL problems. Without that fix, no playoffs.

ASF

The bucs have never beat us at Fedex. The last time they came in as huge favorites we beat them. The are very beat up after last night and Indy showed you can throw on them. Don't count us out just yet there. I honestly think we can win this game. I am not as impressed as everyone else is with Tampa.

I hope that Our team don't feel the same way that you guys feel.. I would hope that they feel like they can go out there and win every game that they play..and they probably could if they put their heads out of their a$$ and stop with the stupid mistakes... I still feel good about this game.. we might not be able to stop Sapp but all we have to do is to contain him keep PR on his feet and the rest of the team and SOS will do what they have to do to win the game........

Repeating key injuries...

FB Mike Alstott, neck sprain, out

LB Jack Golden, left foot sprain, out

WR Keyshawn Johnson, left thigh bruise, very questionable

WR Joe Jurevicius, right knee sprain, out

CB Brian Kelly, left pectoral strain, doubtful

LB Shelton Quarles, left forearm fracture/elbow dislocation, questionable

RB Aaron Stecker, right knee sprain, questionable

WR Karl Williams, left hamstring strain, questionable

They are currently looking to the waiver wires for WR's and (normally) are not a high scoring team. If you have the ability to stick to the run AND deep balls, you should be fine.

With Kelly out, Tampa has moved their FS up to corner and replaced him with a unproven second year player. Their LB core is hurting and they played a game that lasted 70 minutes...on Monday night...and they are coming to your house.

Honestly, no excuses. If you want respect, this is your week.

They have their DL and that's it, well SP teams too :). Brad Johnson I don't believe has the "Gun" to beat our DBs. 14 of their points were huge busted plays.

YES they can beat the Bucs, but I'm not sure which team we are going to see? Being at home I would hope the mistakes and penalties are limited, if so the 'Skins should find a way to win, if not the Bucs and their D/SP will win.

Did you see Mike Doss leave McCardell alone with a LB?

As some of you, i think this team could beat anyone in the NFL, as well as loose the rest of the way.

While we certainly do have the O-line problems, the one thing going for us is that our defense should be able to slow down the Bucs O.

It's not like Brad Johnson is gonna take off and run for 40 yards the way that someone like McNabb can

Originally posted by ColinG

Repeating key injuries...

FB Mike Alstott, neck sprain, out

LB Jack Golden, left foot sprain, out

WR Keyshawn Johnson, left thigh bruise, very questionable

WR Joe Jurevicius, right knee sprain, out

CB Brian Kelly, left pectoral strain, doubtful

LB Shelton Quarles, left forearm fracture/elbow dislocation, questionable

RB Aaron Stecker, right knee sprain, questionable

WR Karl Williams, left hamstring strain, questionable

They are currently looking to the waiver wires for WR's and (normally) are not a high scoring team. If you have the ability to stick to the run AND deep balls, you should be fine.

With Kelly out, Tampa has moved their FS up to corner and replaced him with a unproven second year player. Their LB core is hurting and they played a game that lasted 70 minutes...on Monday night...and they are coming to your house.

They also just whipped a great Colts team for 56 minutes. Let's not confuse what happened Monday night: A 56-minute Bucs rout, followed by an unbelievable 4-minute meltdown.

Our defense is quite capable of keeping the Bucs offense from running up and down the field. If the Bucs secondary is as damaged as you say, our WRs could get open deep.

But none of this matters if the true (and healthy) core of the Bucs comes to play: the defensive line. It's a massive mismatch, going against our poorly performing OL and a promising QB who holds the ball too long.

This will be a field position and turnover-driven game. I expect our OL and Ramsey to get creamed, shortening the field for the Bucs and creating turnovers.

With Friedman and Fiore on the OL, we have a chance. But it's going to take incredibly crisp execution by our offense, which is something we haven't seen for more than two quarters a game all season.

Edit: if we get down by 21 points *and* Ramsey is being hit hard, I'd like to see Rob Johnson take over. Not to win the game, but to make sure we have Ramsey around for another 12 games.

Originally posted by Om

Hey ASF, I need a favor, man.

Can you guarantee a Bucs victory, please? :)

:)

OK, so we didn't "clobber" the Eagles. (Thank you Mr. Helton: even when I lower my expectations, you lower your unit's performance by more.)

But we did cover the spread.

Hey, if you played my Skins predictions all five games, you'd be rolling in big bucks by now (5-0 against spread).

And this is the thanks I get .... ;)

Originally posted by Om

So ... just how much HAVE you made so far? :)

I have a 5-0 record on Skins spreads (sounds dirty, eh?) and a pretty wide winning margin on other game spreads.

Unfortunately, I've been a sucker for parlays that have shot my winnings to hell. I'm getting *real* good at winning all but one game in a parlay.

And that ain't a moral victory. :doh1: :dunce:

Archived