Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I guess Florida's lines were just better.

REDSKINGATOR11

I keep reading about SOS's audible system being SOOOO hard that our poor little offensive tackles can't help but jump offsides or flinch.

Its amazing that Florida's offensive line was able to handle it. Maybe they were better. It IS true that UF typically had a couple of false starts or offside penalties per game, due to the system. However, the college game is longer and there are more plays. It is also LOUDER. I have NEVER been to a pro game that was as loud as playing at Auburn or at Tennessee. That is 90,000 to 100,000 rabid fans. Not 40,000 rabid fans and a bunch of corporate hand shakers.

It didn't seem to be that HUGE of a problem LAST year. I do believe that Samuels and Jansen were on that team.

The fault lies squarly with the O-line.

Isn't it true that these gator teams just overcame these mistakes.

Perhaps the real answer is to just accept that these guys are going to false start. Then you have to account for that with plays to gain back the yardage. And on defense accept the fact that someone is going to be a hothead and get penalized. Then instead of wilting become even more aggresive in tactics.

spanishmelette... you mean play as if you are at 1st and 15 every time and go into the game thinking hell we are going to give up 10-14 points a game from defensive and offensive penalties... hehe man if we did that... that would be so sad... but then again we do play better when we are down...

Originally posted by sjinhan

spanishmelette... you mean play as if you are at 1st and 15 every time and go into the game thinking hell we are going to give up 10-14 points a game from defensive and offensive penalties... hehe man if we did that... that would be so sad... but then again we do play better when we are down...

I know it's ridiculous. :) But if it is not going to stop, then you've got to find a way to roll with it. The Raiders of old always did stupid things, but they won more times than they lost. They just figured it into the equation.

That isn't true. We didn't just overcome it. I am tired of everyone saying that SOS's talent in college was FAR superior to that of other college teams. Tell that to the bozo we have coaching now at Florida.

Again it is true that UF probably had 10% more penalties than other teams in the false start/offsides category. But just 10% not this freakin crap.

Originally posted by spanishomelette

Isn't it true that these gator teams just overcame these mistakes.

Perhaps the real answer is to just accept that these guys are going to false start. Then you have to account for that with plays to gain back the yardage. And on defense accept the fact that someone is going to be a hothead and get penalized. Then instead of wilting become even more aggresive in tactics.

In fairness, the omlette makes a good point. Spurrier teams have always made mistakes offensively. Though I have never seen 7 freaking false starts in a game, frequent delay of game, illegal shift, illegal substitution and illegal formation penalties were a staple of the FNG in gainesville, though usually this would just give him more room to zing the ball around.

Actually, I saw much more of that type of problem last year and I think this false start thing is something different. Not sure exactly what the difficulty is and why these guys can't stay still -- certainly seems rather elementary from where i'm sitting but it a lot easier to criticize sitting on one's butt typing than actually being the man in the line of fire between Kalu and the quarterback.

I actually this this is something that is probably easily correctable with a little more focus though goodness knows why it has taken so many games to get corrected. I certainly believe we will see improvement in this area against the Bucs.

Originally posted by REDSKINGATOR11

That isn't true. We didn't just overcome it. I am tired of everyone saying that SOS's talent in college was FAR superior to that of other college teams. Tell that to the bozo we have coaching now at Florida.

Again it is true that UF probably had 10% more penalties than other teams in the false start/offsides category. But just 10% not this freakin crap.

I didn't mean to imply that the Florida teams were penalty ridden or sloppy or like what is being displayed now.

I do expect some compromising is at hand where something will have to give either in coaching or in those who are designated to play.

I have been convinced by some things I have read today that Ramsey will have an easier time finding receivers this next game which I hope leads to more success for the offense.

Archived