Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Renaldo Wynn's press conference

The audio of Wynn's press conference is up for those w/ real player at <a href="http://www.redskins.com" target="_blank">www.redskins.com</a> <br /><br />Spurrier starts it off with his country boy charm the he let's Lewis come in to introduce Wynn. The kicker is Lewis calls his new DE LAVARR!! LOL!! Nobody corrects him but you can hear a few snickers in the background.<br /><br />Wynn sounds real sharp though. He's happy to be a Skin and Marvin Lewis was instrumental in getting him here. LEWIS SAYS HE RECRUITED HIM IN HIGH SCHOOL!!! Wow!<br /><br />Here's a standard fluff piece. Excuse me if it's already been posted:<br /><br /> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> By Gary Fitzgerald<br />Redskins Insider Correspondent<br /><br />The Redskins have signed defensive lineman Renaldo Wynn in a move to solidify the team's defensive line with another veteran talent.<br /><br />"I'm very excited to come to a town that really embraces its football team," he said. "There's a lot of history here. This is football country, and I'm going to try and be a part of it.<br /><br />"I think this is a great fit for me," he added. "It's a win-win situation. I'm a versatile player and I'm effective at both defensive end and defensive tackle. I think that's an asset I bring to the table, the ability to be versatile at either position."<br /><br />Wynn, who stands at 6-3 and 280 pounds, played for the Jacksonville Jaguars last season and had what he called his "best year as a pro," recording a career-high five sacks and 75 tackles (40 solo). In five seasons, he has 13.5 sacks and 285 tackles and started 63 of 73 games.<br /><br />"We're excited to have him," head coach Steve Spurrier said. "We think Reynaldo is one of the best defensive linemen we could have signed."<br /><br />At Jacksonville, Wynn played against Baltimore twice a year and watched firsthand the defensive unit headed by Marvin Lewis. Now both are together in Washington.<br /><br />"I know quite a bit about Marvin Lewis's defense because I played against him so often," Wynn said. "The kind of defense he plays really fits my skills. It's aggressive and creates turnovers, and it gives guys a lot of chances to make plays. I mean, the defensive scheme he uses doesn't get scored on at all. So it'll be a great situation for me to around."<br /><br />Said Lewis: "As we went through and evaluated defensive linemen, Renaldo was a guy we felt that if we could add him, we would really upgrade our team. It was a good fit for our defense because of his flexibility to play either tackle or end. He's a great inside rusher, particularly on third downs."<br /><br />Wynn was selected by Jacksonville with the 21st overall pick of the 1997 Draft. In his rookie year, he was named to the All-Rookie team. As a senior at Notre Dame, he posted 61 tackles (41 solo) with nine sacks and six tackles for a loss and was named honorable mention All-American as a junior<br /> </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

While I believe its bye bye Marco Coleman, we actually could plug Wynn in at Lang's DT spot from last year an go to battle tomorrow.<br /><br />It's not what I prefer but we could actually get away with doing that.<br /><br />I'm still hoping a DT falls to us that we can move to DE and still allow us to sign Sammie Adams for example.<br /><br />LDE,Henderson,Big Daddy,Adams,RDE Wynn

Archived