Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Odds are in the Skins favor

stratoman

The Redskins and Patriots last played in the second week of the preseason in a game at FedExField. New England won that matchup 20-13 in a game that was mostly memorable for the unfortunate season-ending knee injury to defensive tackle Brandon Noble. In the regular season, the Redskins and Patriots haven’t played since 1996, when Washington won 27-22 at Foxboro Stadium. Quarterback Gus Frerotte threw two second-half touchdown passes and wide receiver Henry Ellard caught eight passes for 152 yards.

Washington leads the all-time series 5-1, with five of the six games played at Foxboro Stadium. This is the first time the Patriots have played at FedExField in a regular-season game

I remember that game against the Patriots. Weren't we both like 5-1 heading into that game and we then went on to be 7-1 and then fold like a cheap tent and go 9-7? God, I can still remember hearing on Espn NFL Pregame show...their are only 3 teams remaing with a 7-1 record on this (whatever weekend it was that Boomer has a catch phrase too)..the Broncos, the Packers, and the Redskins. Ughh, what a bad season that was.

Yup.

October 1, 1972.

Patriots 24, Redskins 23.

I'll try to find a write-up on the game ... but from what I recall, it was ultimately decided on a blown call or two in the end zone by an official named McDonald. The 12-year-old Om had never been so outraged before. :)

Originally posted by WarpathBrave86

I remember that game against the Patriots. Weren't we both like 5-1 heading into that game and we then went on to be 7-1 and then fold like a cheap tent and go 9-7? God, I can still remember hearing on Espn NFL Pregame show...their are only 3 teams remaing with a 7-1 record on this (whatever weekend it was that Boomer has a catch phrase too)..the Broncos, the Packers, and the Redskins. Ughh, what a bad season that was.

Was that the Bills you were thinking of? Doesn't matter, they are all the same in the AFC:D

Archived