Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny and McNabb--a question

brdawk20

JC asked for a trade because mcnabb was crowned the starter after the trade.

also, if you don't think campbell can succeed with a strong running game and hard play action i suggest you look at his record in oakland.

He's a backup for the bears now....soooo yeah. Miami, Cleveland, Seattle, etc, all passed on him and all needed a starting QB or at minimum competition for the spot. Why do you think that is exactly? I'll also add that any QB that had McFadden playing the way he was while healthy would have succeeded there.

That being said...I still would have kept Campbell one more year rather then trading for McNugget as it was painfully obvious that even if McNugget had woken up, the skins were not going to be going very far. Neither Campbell nor McNugget were going to be long term solutions, but at least you hold onto your draft picks and dont have a ton of money tied up in Campbell. Most certainly one of the worst trades the skins made in recent memory. The trade and the fact that they tried to appease McNugget with that absurd contract...lordy. Not sure what Bruce/Mike were thinking there.

Archived