Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All 4G Smartphones Free At T-Mobile For One-Day Valentine’s Sale

SnyderShrugged

I checked and it's apparently legit. I'm due for a renewal and upgrade anyway and so is my wife. Couple of free new Galaxy S2 tomorrow baby!

http://www.webpronews.com/4g-smartphones-free-t-mobile-valentines-2012-02

Looking for a gift for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day? Are they on a diet or allergic to roses? T-Mobile thinks that nothing says I love you like a new phone.

This Saturday, February 11th, for one day only, T-Mobile is offering all of their 4G smartphones for free with a 2-year contract. This deal includes the Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Amaze 4G, Nokia Lumia 710, Balckberry Bold 9900 4G, HTC Wildfire 4G, and more. The deal also includes a selection of tablets like the T-Mobile springBoard with Google.

The “free” part will come in the form of a mail-in rebate when you sign up for a qualifying “Classic Plan.”

more at link

Have they improved their service the past 2 years? I had a GF that used to have it and I could be next to her and call her and half the time it wouldnt work.

They have nice phones now, and apparently 4G, was wondering if they got any better.

I think it really depends on where you live. My service here in Charlotte is just OK, but I have noticed an improvement in recent months.

The service I had in Louisville though was great, same with vegas.

---------- Post added February-11th-2012 at 01:44 PM ----------

Just FYI, the "4G" speed is only for the first 100 MB per month

http://www.letstalk.com/T-Mobile-Monthly-4G-Unlimited-Talk-Text-Web-100-MB-4G-Speed

Yeah, I heard that too, but I probably wouldnt pass that very often.

Just got back from the Tmobile store, they are not even close to free. The phone's apparently are $600 (HTC Amaze and Galaxy Sii, the two we were looking at), the rebate is for the $200 ($224 for the amaze) "down payment" but you still have to pay $20 a month for 20 months per phone to pay the other, not free $400 portion of the phone. Oh and then, in order to get this "amazing deal" you have to sign up for the 5gb plan or else you don't get the rebate. So in the end they wanted $170 a month (plus taxes, fees and phone insurance, of course) for my fiance and I to get these phones. **** you Tmobile, why do all companies have to pull this nonsense to get you in the door? Just tell me what the **** the actual, full, complete cost is and stop wasting my time. I think I'll get a couple used Galaxy S's (slightly under $200) or S iis (slightly under $400) off ebay and get a month to month unlimited 2gb plan for $50 a line. Screw the contracts and hidden costs. Why do I have to feel like I'm being duped or screwed anytime I shop for something in this country?

Just an update, there was one other option. $250 for each phone, full price refunded. However, the plan that makes this offer work is the unlimited 5gb plan for $176. Once your rebate has been processed you can downgrade to the 2gb plan which is $156 a month. If you have your own phone unlimited with 2gb is $100 a month. So your two "free" phones cost you $1344 over the course of two years. Ain't nothing in the world for free.

Just an update, there was one other option. $250 for each phone, full price refunded. However, the plan that makes this offer work is the unlimited 5gb plan for $176. Once your rebate has been processed you can downgrade to the 2gb plan which is $156 a month. If you have your own phone unlimited with 2gb is $100 a month. So your two "free" phones cost you $1344 over the course of two years. Ain't nothing in the world for free.

Of course you have to pay for the plans? Why did you feel it would all be free?

I ended up with 2 new phones, both with full rebate for each (that means zero phone cost in the end) and a less expensive overall family plan.

Not sure how anyone could gripe about it, when compared to virtually every other phone and plan combined price tag for equal value phones

(BTW, I dont think the full rebate deal was in the stores, we had to do it online)

I'm aware you still have to pay for the service. Here's my point, if you already have two smart phones you can walk in and get 2 lines of unlimited talk/text/data (2GB at 4G speeds) for $50 a line. In order to get the rebate for the phone you have to sign up for their "classic plan" which gives you the same unlimited talk/text/data and 2GB of 4G but costs $156 a month for two lines. They hide the cost of the phone in the price of the plans for which the rebate is eligible. At the end of the day, over the course of two years the actual phone plan costs you $1344 more ($56 a month more for the classic plan vs the $50 per line plan). Therefore the phone is technically free, they just find a more creative way to charge you for it. As I said, nothing in this world is free and I hate having to feel tricked everytime I buy anything in this country. I'd rather spend $800-$900 out of pocket and go with the $100 a month for two lines plan, I'll still come out $400+ ahead after two years.

The other alternative they gave was the value plan for $115 a month for two lines with 2GB. However in that case the rebate is only for the $200 down payment and the other $400 the phone technically costs is added at $20 per month per phone for 20 months. No matter how you slice it the phone is not really free, just up front, they always get you on the backend and I hate having to do business that way. Our companies prey on our gullability and trust that we won't look past the surface and see they're charging full price while making us believe we're getting a deal. Fun.

Archived