Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cool article/survey from the WP Redskins Insider Predict the final 53 to make the roster (http://www.washingtonpost.com)

bishtw

I didn't see this posted so.........

I came across this after watch the Ratbirds game. I copied and pasted some of it but if you go to the actually link you can click the players you think will make it a summit it and it will show you the %'s on each player.

I figured since we always say who helped/ who hurt themseves or who will make the roster at which position after these pre-season games this just kinda puts it right in front of you.

Can also help you predict how many white guys will make the roster :silly:http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?352311-The-Occasional-Feature-How-many-white-dudes-make-the-final-roster

Post your choices, why and discuss. I'll post mine after a few other chime in.

Posted at 03:19 PM ET, 08/24/2011

Redskins roster survey: Offense

By Washington Post editors

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan and his staff will make their first round of cuts Aug. 30 before naming their final 53-man roster on Sept. 3.

Who would make your final cut? Some choices are automatic; some aren’t so easy.

Here’s your chance to voice your opinions (we’ve streamlined the process by listing the automatic choices as “In,” leaving the tough calls up to you).

1. Quarterback (3) -- In: John Beck, Rex Grossman

Choose one below:

Kellen Clemens

Ben Chappell

Matt Gutierrez

2. Running back (3) -- In: Tim Hightower, Roy Helu

Choose one below:

Ryan Torain

Evan Royster

Shaun Draughn

3. Fullback (2) -- In: Darrel Young

Choose one below:

Keiland Williams

Mike Sellers

4. Wide receiver (6) -- In: Santana Moss, Jabar Gaffney, Anthony Armstrong

Choose three:

Terrence Austin

Donte Stallworth

Leonard Hankerson

Niles Paul

Aldrick Robinson

Isaac Anderson

Brandon Banks

Malcolm Kelly

5. Tight end (3) -- In: Chris Cooley, Fred Davis

Choose one below:

Mike Sellers

Joe Torchia

Derek Schouman

Tony Curtis

Logan Paulsen

link for the rest of the Article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-roster-survey-offense/2011/08/24/gIQAWzmobJ_blog.html

Defense was done the next day Here is the link to that http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-roster-survey-defense-and-special-teams/2011/08/25/gIQAviUwdJ_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

1. Defensive line (7) -- In: NTs Barry Cofield, Anthony Bryant, DEs Stephen Bowen, Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins, Kedric Golston

Choose one:

DE Darrion Scott

DE Jeff Stehle

DE Doug Worthington

NT Chris Neild

NT Thomas Weaver

2. Linebackers (8) -- In: OLBs Bryan Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Lorenzo Alexander and ILBs London Fletcher, Rocky McIntosh, Perry Riley and Keyaron Fox

Choose one:

ILB Horatio Blades

OLB Rob Jackson

OLB Markus White

OLB Thaddeus Gibson

OLB Edgar Jones

OLB Eric McBride

3. Safety (5) -- In: LaRon Landry, Oshiomogho Atogwe, Reed Doughty

Choose two:

Chris Horton

Kareem Moore

DeJon Gomes

Anderson Russell

Davonte Shannon

4. Cornerback (5) -- In: DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, Kevin Barnes, Phillip Buchanon

Choose one:

Byron Westbrook

Brandyn Thompson

Dante Barnes

Reggie Jones

Tyrone Grant

5. Kicker (1):

Choose one:

Graham Gano

Clint Stitser

6. Returner (1):

Austin

Banks

1. Quarterback (3) -- In: John Beck, Rex Grossman, Kellen Clemens

2. Running back (3) -- In: Tim Hightower, Roy Helu, Ryan Torain

3. Fullback (2) -- In: Darrel Young, Mike Sellers

4. Wide receiver (6) -- In: Santana Moss, Jabar Gaffney, Anthony Armstrong, Terrence Austin, Donte Stallworth, Leonard Hankerson

5. Tight end (3) -- In: Chris Cooley, Fred Davis, Logan Paulsen

6. Offensive line (8) -- In: LT Trent Williams, LG Kory Lichtensteiger, C Will Montgomery, RG Chris Chester and RT Jammal Brown

T Sean Locklear

G Artis Hicksl

T Clint Oldenburg

1. Defensive line (7) -- In: NTs Barry Cofield, Anthony Bryant, DEs Stephen Bowen, Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins, Kedric Golston, DE Darrion Scott

2. Linebackers (8) -- In: OLBs Bryan Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Lorenzo Alexander and ILBs London Fletcher, Rocky McIntosh, Perry Riley, Keyaron Fox, Markus White

3. Safety (5) -- In: LaRon Landry, Oshiomogho Atogwe, Reed Doughty, Chris Horton, Davonte Shannon

4. Cornerback (5) -- In: DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, Kevin Barnes, Phillip Buchanon, Byron Westbrook

5. Kicker (1):

Choose one:

Graham Gano

6. Returner (1):

Banks

1. Quarterback (3) -- In: John Beck, Rex Grossman, Kellen Clemens

I didn't post them so I guess its by mad but you didnt get the o-line

6. Offensive line (8) -- In: LT Trent Williams, LG Kory Lichtensteiger, C Will Montgomery, RG Chris Chester and RT Jammal Brown

Choose three below:

T Sean Locklear

C/G Erik Cook

G Artis Hicks

C Donovan Raiola

G Maurice Hurt

G Corey O'Daniel

G/T Selvish Capers

G/T Xavier Fulton

T Willie Smith

T Clint Oldenburg

Offence

1) 3rd String QB

This is prolly the toughest for me cause I don't thing Kellen deserves a spot and I haven't seen the other two play except, (I think it was) Chappell take a knee at the end of the Colts game. So I'll break the premise of this and say that we will only take 2 QBs into the season and carry an extra WR/RB.

2)3rd RB

What I'd like here is to keep Royster and see if Torain has trade value but without him playing I doubt we'd be able to trade him so Im keeping Torain and its the PS for Royster.

Torain

3) Backup FB

Williams isn't natural at the position and under sized.

Sellars

4. Wide receiver (6) -- In: Santana Moss, Jabar Gaffney, Anthony Armstrong

Choose three:

Terrence Austin- IMO a lock after last night

Donte Stallworth- I don't think the coaching staff is high on him but has out played Paul and Robinson.

Leonard Hankerson- Big body, high draft even with a case of the dropsy's says he is part of the 53

Niles Paul-PS

Brandon Banks- IR

Malcolm Kelly- Insurance sales man

5. Tight end

Prolly the easiest position to pick other then punter.

Logan Paulsen

Choose three below:

I thought Locklear would make the team here but last night he looked bad IMO against the Ratbirds 3rd stringer

C/G Erik Cook

G Artis Hicks

T Willie Smith

Defense

1. Defensive line (7) -- In: NTs Barry Cofield, Anthony Bryant, DEs Stephen Bowen, Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins, Kedric Golston

Choose one:

OK this one might change due to Jenkins Injury but right now Im thinking he'll start the season on the IR and DE Darrion Scott gets his roster spot. NT are a premium so I like to keep the insurance policy of NT Chris Neild.

2. Linebackers (8) -- In: OLBs Bryan Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Lorenzo Alexander and ILBs London Fletcher, Rocky McIntosh, Perry Riley and Keyaron Fox

Choose one:

This is a tough one for me cause I like both HB and Jackson. HB has looked slow and Jackson hasn't impressed me so I think Gibson played well enough to make the team.

OLB Thaddeus Gibson

3. Safety (5) -- In: LaRon Landry, Oshiomogho Atogwe, Reed Doughty

Choose two:

I think we've seen enough of Predator and Moore that its time to give someone else a chance and pray #20 and #30 stay healthy.

DeJon Gomes

Anderson Russell

4. Cornerback (5) -- In: DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, Kevin Barnes, Phillip Buchanon

Choose one:

Byron Westbrook

Special Teams

Gano

Rocca

And if Banks is healthy he'll be the retuener if not it'd be Austin saving us a Roster spot where I either carry Royster or an or may give a spot to Sean Locklear possible.

Archived