Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mitchell's s diary reveals new punt returners?

indyskinsfan

by Kevin Mitchell, Linebacker

Thursday, August 9, 2001

Today after practice, Coach let us have some fun. He said that if three offensive linemen and three defensive linemen could catch punts, we'd get an extra hour of curfew. All six linemen caught the punts on the first try!

Is that motivation or what ? laugh.gif

<FONT COLOR="Yellow">HTTR!!!</FONT c> injun.gif

Here's Woody's take on it:

CATCHING ON: Schottenheimer ended practice yesterday by issuing a challenge to the players. If six linemen, three from offense and three from defense, could catch three of 10 punts, the players would have their curfew extended by an hour last night.

The offense picked tackles Jon Jansen and Chris Samuels and long snapper Ethan Albright. The defense sent out Kenard Lang, Michael Bankston and Dorian Boose.

All 10 punts were caught cleanly and amid much cheering from teammates.

Lang, for one, thought this might be the beginning of a whole new career for him.

"Don't be surprised this season if you see me back there returning punts," Lang said. "I bring reliability, strength and charisma to the punt-returner position."

When it comes to speed, Lang said teammate Michael Bates, who won a bronze medal in the 1992 Olympics, has nothing on him.

"We raced the other night, and I beat him," Lang said. "We raced to the dinner table."

Archived