Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Demon's Soul - Anyone Still Playing?

Riggins77

Wow, can't believe it was over a year ago since I bought Demons Souls and I only got to play it maybe a few hours total. Work and being a parent took over, but now that my job has settled down and my daughter is another year older, I have more time to play. I read on their forum boards that the online servers are only going to be up til October, when Dark Souls is released. Anyone on here still playing? Is there a way to get the strategy guide free?

I have some newb questions for you Demon Souls vets:

1. Should I start out online or offline to build up my character?

2. When can you PvP, what level and what's needed to do it?

3. I understand you can invade others online, when you do so are you a black phantom? Someone please explain the PvP in newb details if you can.

4. If you invade and die, what do you lose? You don't have to start the entire game over like you do if you die leveling do you?

5. I don't understand the host feature, what is this and who are you inviting?

demonssouls.wikidot.com will give you all the info you'll need. I had lost all interest in games (Madden was crappier with every new release) until demon soul's came along. Can't wait for dark souls. Sad that the servers will be shut down come september.

demonssouls.wikidot.com will give you all the info you'll need. I had lost all interest in games (Madden was crappier with every new release) until demon soul's came along. Can't wait for dark souls. Sad that the servers will be shut down come september.

I have tried to look at the wiki site and maybe Im just too old or lazy, but this game is so in depth I have trouble understanding how the pieces fit together. Im reading on their forum boards that if you don't dupe, you have to play the game through multiple times to get everything, **** like that. All I want to do is PvP, I care less about PvE or storyline content. Plus I don't have a lot of time to devote to playing, more than before, but that limits me and makes me fear that I'll start off wrong and end up setting myself back too far and have to start over.

I have tried to look at the wiki site and maybe Im just too old or lazy, but this game is so in depth I have trouble understanding how the pieces fit together. Im reading on their forum boards that if you don't dupe, you have to play the game through multiple times to get everything, **** like that. All I want to do is PvP, I care less about PvE or storyline content. Plus I don't have a lot of time to devote to playing, more than before, but that limits me and makes me fear that I'll start off wrong and end up setting myself back too far and have to start over.

Yes, to get absolutely everything, it takes multiple playthroughs. 4 in total. But this is not necessary at all to build a good PvP character. You'll want to specialize. A jack of all trades type character will get you killed more often than not by experienced players. So if you're going for a magic build, go balls to the wall, and ignore stats you don't need. This is true for all builds.

Also, there is no need to level past 120 as you will put your character out of the PvP range. You can only invaded or be summoned by those of similar level, and 120 is sort of the unspoken max most players adhere to. Don't level a particular stat past 40, due to the diminishing returns (in most cases). The best advice is to know what you wanna do and plan your character from the beginning and stick to it.

Archived