Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lockout, draft and so on

haraldjun

Hey everyone,

just boring to have an offseason without any "regular actions", lockout is boring like hell and I really don´t get the players side, of course we have just very little knowledge about the details of the different offers but it drives me crazy to hear guys like Smith and players (espacially FS Clark PIT, who said the last offer would have been the worst deal in sports history...) commenting everything that is proposed by the owners as absolute bad deal. Really don´t get it. Cause even if everything is perfect at the moment and business is flourishing, this could change in a second and the financial risk is at the owner, and I think players would always have nice training facilities, stadiums and so on.... and who pays for it? Yep the owners, so heck give em the billion make it an requirement that it is used for improvement of facilities and so on and take your 4.5 billion USD to share over (61 (including P Squad)*32 = 1952 players wich equals 2.3 Mio USD/ player) and be happy cause no one is earning that much money for playing a game.... maybe do a few weeks of figthing in Afganistan or truck driving and than imagine how life yould be without being lucky to be able to play in the NFL....just to think about.

Now to the draft

Hope we can make a deal with the Pats to switch 10th with their 17th & 60th & 6round pick, though I would like to have Julio but I think at the 17th we could get JJ Watt which is an even higher need, and so could get a C/G and maybe WR Hankerson in the 2nd which would definitely would help us to fill more needs, and get a NT, OLB, ILB, RB, CB later too and hope we find a gem with one or two of the picks.

HTTR

Many stadiums are paid for by the taxpayers and "sweetheart deals" are given to the owners, with income from parking, concessions given to the owners while the taxpayer pays for the required increase in police presence and the taxpayers pay for the snarls of traffic on the roads as well as the maintenance on those roads leading to the stadium.

The players aren't asking for an increase. They would love to keep the same CBA. It's the owners who want more money. It's the owners who set the prices on tickets, parking, souvenirs and even the $6 beers at the stadium, all after making a guaranteed profit through TV revenue. There isn't one NFL team with financial problems with the current CBA. The lockout is not the players stopping the season - it's the owners.

Just fairness in reporting...

Many stadiums are paid for by the taxpayers and "sweetheart deals" are given to the owners, with income from parking, concessions given to the owners while the taxpayer pays for the required increase in police presence and the taxpayers pay for the snarls of traffic on the roads as well as the maintenance on those roads leading to the stadium.

The players aren't asking for an increase. They would love to keep the same CBA. It's the owners who want more money. It's the owners who set the prices on tickets, parking, souvenirs and even the $6 beers at the stadium, all after making a guaranteed profit through TV revenue. There isn't one NFL team with financial problems with the current CBA. The lockout is not the players stopping the season - it's the owners.

Just fairness in reporting...

Yep!

My Dad made the argument that the players shouldn't get special treatment, and should be treated just like regular workers in corporate Amercia. He says if he asked his boss to show his books he'd be fired. I said if he had asked to look at his bosses books maybe they wouldnt have laid him off twice for budget reasons only to bring him back on...

My point: The NFL is not corporate America! People need to stop looking at it as if the owners own the league THEY DONT! They simply own the teams. And the owners arnt swallowing any debt ok.. The economy has been in the tank the last five years and NFL ticket, beer and parking prices have increased in that span! Pahleez the owners simply want more room to stretch their equity. And an extra billion would do the trick trust me!

It's the owners who want more money. It's the owners who set the prices on tickets, parking, souvenirs and even the $6 beers at the stadium...

Exactly why everyone one of us should be on the owners side if your going to choose 1 because they are going to get there money either from a cut of the total profits or by raising prices on the fans.

Archived