Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com (blog): Clinton Portis Had a Good Game on the Sidelines

DixieFlatline

Thought I should try to interject at least one positive post to last night's aftermath. Glad to see Portis doing this. I think it shows a lot of leadership.

See link for full story

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/11/16/clinton-portis-had-a-good-game-on-the-sidelines/

I'm starting with something positive. Call me Matty Sunshine if you want, but I heard exactly one positive story in the postgame locker room tonight, and I'm going with that one first. There'll be plenty of negativity out there, and I promise I'll get to covering some of that myself. But for right now, here's the one nice story I heard from this absolute abomination of a game.

Keiland Williams would finish the night as the only player named on my Very Short List Of Good Things About This Game -- with 139 total yards and 3 combined touchdowns -- but he started it as the number two running back on a two-deep depth chart.

When Ryan Torain aggravated his hamstring injury during pregame warmups, that plan changed, and when the team came back into the locker room after warmups, head coach Mike Shanahan told Williams that he was going to be the guy.

That Williams had some success on the field is a small good thing, yes, but he was happy to share the credit, and that was the really nice story.

When I saw the inactive Clinton Portis pregame, he looked like this:

Archived