Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Onion: "Nation Taking No Joy In Cowboys' Pathetic Collapse"

NattyBo

'Actually, Never Mind, It's Really Fun,' Reports Populace

NOVEMBER 5, 2010 | ISSUE 46•44

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-taking-no-joy-in-cowboys-pathetic-collapse,18405/

IRVING, TX—As the Dallas Cowboys struggle with a 1-6 season, sports fans nationwide have been saddened by the bad fortune that has befallen the franchise long revered as one of the NFL's crown jewels, and known throughout the football world as America's Team.

Actually, the U.S. populace immediately confirmed, the Cowboys' pathetic collapse has brought with it nothing but pure joy and happiness.

Like the Yankees in baseball, the Cowboys are known throughout the country as a team that prides itself on excellence, a team that has come to embody its sport. And when star quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee went down with a clavicle injury several weeks ago, the disappointment could be felt from coast-to-coast.

"Hearing Romo sits to pee scream when his collarbone snapped will always be one of my favorite memories," Washington, D.C. resident Nick Thomason said. "I was pretty young when Dallas went 1-15 in 1989, but I still remember their only win that year was against my Redskins. It's like the football gods were repaying me by making sure he was miked up during that game."

"I thought I would cherish the day when the Cowboys completely imploded," 44-year-old James Tolliver of Providence, RI said. "And I was right. This has been absolutely wonderful."

:ols::ols::ols::ols:

Do yourself a favor and read the whole thing. HILARIOUS!!

Archived